Position: General Manager
Our client, a 3-star hotel which is one of the biggest attractions that offers impeccable service and all the essential amenities is looking to recruit a General Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the general operations of the hotel
- Ensure full compliance to Hotel operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures and service standards.
- Lead all key property issues including capital projects, customer service and refurbishment.
- Handling complaints and oversee the service recovery procedures.
- Responsible for the preparation, presentation and subsequent achievement of the hotel’s annual Operating Budget, Marketing & Sales Plan and Capital Budget.
- Manage on-going profitability of the hotel, ensuring revenue and guest satisfaction targets are met and exceeded.
- Ensure all decisions are made in the best interest of the hotels and management.
- Deliver hotel budget goals and set other short- and long-term strategic goals for the property.
- Developing improvement actions, carry out costs savings.
- Closely monitor the hotels business reports on a daily basis and take decisions accordingly.
- Prepare a monthly financial reporting for the owners and stake holders.
- Draw up plans and budget (revenues, costs, etc.)
- Helping in the procurement of operating supplies and equipment and contracting with third-party vendors for essential equipment and services.
- Overseeing and managing all departments and working closely with department heads on a daily basis.
- Be accountable for responsibilities of department heads and take ownership of all guest complaints.
- Provide effective leadership to hotel team members.
- Lead in all aspects of business planning.
- Respond to audits to ensure continual improvement is achieved.
- Corporate client handling and take part in new client acquisition along with the sales team whenever required.
- Responsible for legalization, Occupational Health & Safety Act, fire regulations and other legal requirements.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Degree in Hotel Management or a related field
- At least 15 years’ experience in the hospitality industry, with significant luxury and international experience
- The ideal candidate is a seasoned and highly intelligent hotel professional with outstanding, management skills and extensive hands-on experience.
- Available to work when needed, including weekends, holidays, and nights.
- And least 7 years of experience as a General Manager or Asst. General Manager.
To apply, CLICK HERE on or before 5 February 2019.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement