Exciting Career Opportunity in a Leading Investment Co-operative
Our client is a leading Investment Co-operative with interests in land and housing, financial and equity markets among other investments.
The Sacco seeks to grow the investment portfolio, take advantage of market opportunities and cement its position in the market by expanding the human capital base through the following position:
The role holder shall be responsible for collecting debts from customers while retaining good rapport with the customers and ensuring they are satisfied with the cooperatives services.
- Collecting over dues and arrears from clients.
- Following up payment allocation in the clients statements
- Maintaining customer satisfaction when talking to clients during the collection of debt
- Providing customers with their statements from time to time for them to be aware of how they have been paying and how much balance they have.
- Liaising with other team members and departments in order to come up with new and easier ways of collecting debts.
- Making the terms and conditions of payments known to all the customers to facilitate collection of debts.
- Harmonizing the customer statements
- Giving weekly debt collection reports
- Renegotiating payment plans with the debtors
- Communicating with debtors by telephone and in writing to manage debtors and arrears process.
- Checking payment arrears in the portfolio for new application and repeats
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent customer service skills
- Patience but assertive and tactful
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to meet set targets;
- Unquestionable Integrity and strong ethical standards;
- Confidentiality when dealing with sensitive customer information;
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite.
Qualifications and Experience
Appointment to the position shall be made from persons who possess a:
- A university degree in accounting or degree in a Business Related field from a recognized university with accounting qualifications;
- Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Minimum 1- 2 years’ relevant working or attachment experience;
- At least 2 years’ experience with an investment company (financial or real estate)
How to Apply
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in making a meaningful career move, please forward your CV in confidence via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kindly indicate your current and expected salary in your application or CV.
Kindly DO NOT ATTACH CERTIFICATES AND TESTIMONIALS.
Closing date for applications is Thursday 31st January 2019.