Exciting Career Opportunity in a Leading Investment Co-operative
Our client is a leading Investment Co-operative with interests in land and housing, financial and equity markets among other investments.
The Sacco seeks to grow the investment portfolio, take advantage of market opportunities and cement its position in the market by expanding the human capital base through the following position:
Legal Affairs Assistant
Reporting to the Legal Affairs Manager, the job holder will work in the legal department of the cooperative.
Their role will be to assist the Legal Affairs Manager in administration, secretarial and logistical services of the legal unit.
- Provide administrative support to the legal department;
- Assist in drafting all contracts/Agreements;
- Assist in effective negotiation of contracts with third parties
- Assist in ensuring legal department stays current by conducting legal research, Monitoring legislation changes and advising the Co-operative on the same
- Assist in reviewing the cooperative by laws;
- Visiting land registries to follow up on sticky matters and referring to the legal officer those that are difficult to handle;
- Assist the legal officer in providing secretarial services to the organization;
- Attest/witness the co-operatives documents in the absence of the legal officer;
- Assist in clearing housing clients before they are granted possession of their houses
- Releasing title documents to clients once registration has been completed;
- Exercise good customer service in day-to-day activities with clients.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Law from a recognized university;
- Minimum 2 years’ relevant working experience in legal work or practice;
- Keen on details.
- Good verbal and writing skills
- Clear understanding of legal issues
How to Apply
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in making a meaningful career move, please forward your CV in confidence via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kindly indicate your current and expected salary in your application or CV.
Kindly DO NOT ATTACH CERTIFICATES AND TESTIMONIALS.
Closing date for applications is Thursday 31st January 2019.