The Kenya Trade Network Agency (KenTrade) is a State Corporation under the National Treasury whose mandate is to implement, operationalize and manage the Kenya National Electronic Single Window System (Kenya TradeNet System) as well as Trade Facilitation.
To fulfil our mandate, we wish to engage a suitably qualified candidate who meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Kenya Constitution for the following position:
Job Title: Director – IT Infrastructure, Innovations & Security
Grade: KTNA 2
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
The purpose of this job is to:
i. Provide leadership in the management ‘of all CT related services and facilities within the Agency in order to fulfill KenTrade’s mandate
ii. Advise Management on the adoption, implementation, use and security of ICT systems, technologies and development of ICT Solutions for enhanced service delivery and customer satisfaction.
iii. Oversee the functions of the following units:
- Innovations & Solutions Development Department
- IT & Infrastructure Department
- IT Security Division
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer. the duties and responsibilities for the position will entail:—
1. Develop all relevant ICT Strategies, Policies. Procedures/standards and guidelines and ensure their effective implementation.
2. Oversee development and implementation and maintenance of all systems in the Agency in line with business needs and the Agency mandate
3. Advise Management and the Board of Directors on information technology options available for adoption by the Agency
4. Translating customer and business needs into ICT tools and solutions for enhanced customer experience and service delivery.
S. Ensures innovative C solutions are developed and implemented through in-house teams and/or external providers/partners.
6. Analyze customer, market and business needs and lead teams in developing innovative and value add solutions to ensure business performance.
7. Oversee the design, development, acquisition, implementation and maintenance of KENTRADE’s information systems, software applications and related infrastructure.
8. Overseeing ICT service support to the organization
9. Design, implement and maintain the Agency’s cybersecurity plan, ICT security standards and best practices for IT Security, back—up and business continuity.
10. Research the latest information technology security trends and recommend appropriate ICT security enhancements to Management
11. Ensure that IT security audits are conducted periodically or as needed.
12. Develop and implement IT infrastructure standards and procedures including help desk support.
13. Determine, recommend and implement hardware upgrades for all ICT infrastructure including servers, network equipment, computers etc both onsite and offsite.
14. Infrastructure asset management including maintenance of network component inventory, servers, desktop and laptop inventory, life cycle management and related documentation.
15. Prepare overall status and activity metrics that documents and tracks delivery of IT services, planned and unplanned system outages, and other key IT performance metrics
16. Such other duties as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the level of responsibility of this job role.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, one must have
i. Master’s Degree in Information Technology,, Information Systems, Computer Sciences, Business Management or related field from a recognized institution
ii. Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Sciences, Electronic Engineering, or related field from a recognized institution
iii. Experience of not less than twelve (12) years, seven (71 of which should be in a senior management position in a recognized institution
iv. Leadership Course lasting not less than 4 weeks
v. Membership to a relevant professional body
vi. Certificate in computer applications (proof of knowledge in using computer applications)
vii. Professional qualifications in CISA, PRINCE 2 (or any other Project Management Certification)
viii. Technical Certifications (e.g Oracle or any other database certification)
ix. Networking certification will be an added advantage
x. Security Certification will be an added advantage
xi. Meets all provisions of chapter six of the Constitution as outlined herein.
How to Apply
Qualified and Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications Curriculum Vitae that contains details of qualifications, experience, copies of all certificates & relevant testimonials, email and telephone contacts including names, telephone and email contacts of three (3) referees who must be familiar with the candidates previous work experience.
Candidates interested in these positions are also expected to fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya Specifically, they must obtain and submit with their application, copies of the following documents;
i. Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal investigations (CID)
ii. Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
iii. Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
iv. Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
v. Clearance from a Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Please note that applications without ALL ‘the Chapter 6 requirements SHALL NOT be considered.
Applications should be addressed as detailed below and be sent by post, hand delivery or email so as to be received not later than January 07, 2019.
Board of Directors
Kenya Trade Network Agency
1st Floor, Embankment Plaza
Longonot Rd Upperhill
P.O. Box 36943-00200
KenTrade is an Equal Opportunity Employer – women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification and only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.