Kenya Reinsurance Corporation Limited (Kenya Re), is a leading reinsurer and is listed at the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE).
It is ISO 9001: 2015 Certified and is rated B (Fair) by A.M Best and AA by the Global Credit Rating Company (GCR).
Kenya Re now seeks to recruit and fill the following position:-
Investment / Treasury Accountant
Ref No: KRC/HR/2019/01
This position is responsible for maintaining accurate and up to date investments records and ensure the Corporation’s surplus funds are invested promptly after providing for all the liquidity needs.
The selected candidate will be responsible but not limited to the following duties:-
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure preparation of daily liquid resource reports
- Prepare the cash flow reports
- Ensure all the investment income is promptly accounted for
- Receipt all inflows relating to property, investment and mortgage
- Analyse and gather intelligence on fixed income instruments and equity market and make appropriate recommendations
- Place with Central bank bids for both the treasury bill and bonds
- Prepare investment schedules on weekly, monthly basis or as required by management, investment Committee or the Board
- Research and analyse financial and other information with a view to providing pro-active response to market change
- Prepare Corporation annual cash forecast by 20th January every year and quarterly cash flow board paper every quarter
- Analyse on monthly basis accounts relating to fixed deposits, government securities, Corporate bonds and equities on both the asset and income to ensure accuracy in the investment module
- Liaise with brokers, banks and other intermediaries to advance the Corporation agenda
- Prepare timely monthly, quarterly and annual management reports and board papers
- Prepare and provide investment schedules as required by external auditors
- Liaise with IRA on lien creation
- Participate in the preparation of annual, half yearly financial statements, and
- Any other duties that may be assigned by management.
- Applicants should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or business related from a recognized University.
- They should be CPA (K) or CIFA Finalist. CFA Qualification will be an added advantage. In addition they should have at least five (5) years post qualification experience in Finance and Investments in a financial institution and exposure to the Capital and Money markets is highly preferred.
- They should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, high integrity, team player, computer literacy, ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Kenya Re is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, colour, race, religion, natural origin, age or physical disability.
An appropriate remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidates.
Applicants should post or email as attachments their CV and cover letter quoting the Job Ref No. and outlining how they meet requirements for the position to:-
The Human Resource Manager
Kenya Reinsurance Corporation Limited
P. O Box 30271, 00100 GPO
Closing Date: 6th February 2019