Republic of Kenya
Ministry of Defence
Logo Design Competition
The Kenya Space Agency is established as the successor to the National Space Secretariat under the aegis of the Ministry of Defence vide Legal Notice No. 22 of 7th March, 2017 with the mandate to promote, co-ordinate and regulate space related activities in the country.
In exercise of its mandate, the Agency ensures the formulation, development, coordination, promotion and implementation of space science, research and technology policies and programmes for national development.
The above Legal Notice can be accessed from the Ministry of Defence website www.mod.go.ke.
The Agency is in the process of designing a logo whose composition will capture and symbolize the Agency’s mandate.
To do this, it requires the contribution of creative Kenyan heraldic artists and designers to assist in coming up with a logo that captures the mandate of the Agency. The logo design competition is open to all Individuals/Firms/Companies within Kenya.
The following are the guidelines and rules of engagement for the competition:
1) The design be submitted in;
a) Black and white in six (6) hard copies on A4 size paper.
b) High resolution colour in six (6) hard copies on A4 size paper.
c) In printable soft copy in PDF or JPEG in a MS Windows readable CD;
2) The logo must be clear and distinctly identifiable for effective application on all our Agency materials, instruments, website and relevant paraphernalia;
3) It is not necessary to include the name of the Agency. We desire the composition be more conceptual rather than literal;
4) It is recommended, the logo should have the sum total of our core mandates captured in an appropriate motto;
5) It is essential that the entrants identify and apply possible colours for the Agency;
6) The submitted logo ought to be accompanied with a brief written description of all applied features, connotation and such significant inspiration;
7) Entrant’s should provide their full names, postal addresses, physical address, email and daytime telephone numbers;
8) The Agency reserves the exclusive right to modify the winning logo;
9) The Agency reserves the exclusive right to register the winning logo;
10) Any material, graphic software or other items accompanying the submitted design shall belong to, and remain the property of the Agency;
11) The participants agree to indemnify the Agency from any losses and threatened losses arising from, in connection with or based on allegations of any third party claim of infringement or misappropriation of any intellectual property rights;
12) Our judges’ decision is final and not open to any correspondence or appeal, whatsoever.
Reward for the Designer of the Chosen Logo
The three shortlisted winners will be announced on two widely circulated national newspapers on 17th February, 2019.
The selected winning logo will be awarded in order of merit as follows:
1) First position – Kshs. 200,000.00
2) Second position – Kshs. 100,000.00
3) Third position – Kshs. 50,000.00
The designs should be delivered in presentable plain sealed envelopes, clearly marked “Kenya Space Agency Logo Design Competition” on or before 31st January, 2019 by 4.00 pm to the address below:
The Acting Director General
Kenya Space Agency
Ulinzi House, Lenana Road,
P.0. Box 40668 – 00100, Nairobi