KTDA Management Services Ltd is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Kenya Tea Development Agency Holdings Ltd and a key player in the tea industry providing management services to the smallholder tea sub-sector for efficient production, processing and marketing of quality teas.
To ensure continued success and growth, we are seeking a dynamic and highly talented individual to join our management team in the following exciting and challenging position:
Research and Development Manager
Position Scope: Reporting to the Operations Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for conducting research on new and existing agricultural inputs, practices and products.
- Participating in review and formulation of new inputs, technologies and products in KTDA through research
- Monitoring management of research and development activities across KTDA factories
- Review and recommendation for adoption of specifications for key inputs, processes and equipment
- Planning and coordinating research and development projects/strategic initiatives.
- Documenting all phases of research and development
- Liaising with research institutions, Government Agencies and other related private institutions in executing research strategies
- Monitoring, evaluating research and development projects and ensuring effective utilization of resources
- Preparing and distributing reports to appropriate users
- Recommending training tools to enhance employee performance and skill development
- Dissemination of research findings to KTDA managed factories
Qualifications / Skills / Experience
The ideal candidate must possess the following qualifications, experience and competencies: –
- Bachelor of Sciences degree in Agriculture, Process engineering, Food Science & Technology or related field
- Minimum of eight (8) years of working experience, four (4) years of which must be extensive managerial-level experience
- Should have thorough knowledge of the relevant industry/sector as well as knowledge of regulatory requirements affecting the relevant sector
- Must have ability to plan, organize, implement and evaluate departmental goals.
How to Apply
If you fulfill the above requirements and wish to be considered, please apply online at www.ktdateas.com/recruitment not later than 1st February 2019.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
KTDA MANAGEMENT SERVICES LTD is an equal opportunity employer.