Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu
Exciting Career Opportunity: ACU In Charge
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an institution of the Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya, which is an Agency of the Aga Khan Development Network. The hospital is part of a network of health facilities, which includes Hospitals and Outreach Health Facilities across East Africa.
The Aga Khan Hospital is in an exciting growth phase and has attained acknowledgment of its quality by achieving ISO 9001:2015 certification, ISO 15189:2012 accreditation for laboratory services and is at advanced stage of attaining Joint Commission International Accreditation.
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has outreach Health Services at Kisii, Kakamega, Kitale, Bungoma, Kericho, Kibuye-Kisumu, West End- Kisumu, Busia, Homa- Bay, Kapsabet, Migori, Bomet, with plans to spread to Narok.
With the ongoing expansion we seek to recruit professionals for the following position:
Overall Responsibility: Reporting to the Laboratory Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting technical and administrative processes in the laboratory to ensure smooth flow of services.
- Effectively manage laboratory supplies to ensure availability, efficient use and minimal stock variances.
- Dispatch samples for outsourced testing in a timely manner and maintain related records.
- Maintain laboratory archives and relevant records.
- Assist in microbiology media preparation and sterilization of laboratory apparatus and waste.
- Perform general front office and messenger duties.
- Certificate in Medical Laboratory Sciences from a recognized institution in Kenya.
- At least one year working experience in a similar position.
- Good organizational, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent computer skills and ability to work with minimum supervision.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to email their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, names and contacts of three referees, current and expected salary to email@example.com on or before 5th February 2019.
Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification.