Verde Edge Consulting Ltd, wishes to recruit a Laboratory Technologist on behalf of our client, a private hospital based in Kitengela.
Key Objective / Purpose of the Job: To be responsible for conducting all laboratory tests, while ensuring quality laboratory services and adherence to all statutory regulations as governed by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technologists and Technicians Board.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Receiving, accessioning, verifying and processing of specimens
- Timely release of accurate, precise and reproducible results
- Archiving of specimens and records as per laboratory SOPS.
- Proper Management of laboratory equipment by doing daily routine maintenance, calibration and quality control.
- Proper Management of laboratory reagents and consumables as per laboratory SOPS
- Creation and Maintenance of Laboratory documents and records
- Blood transfusion procedures
- Compliance with relevant policies and procedures including but not limited to those related to safety and infection control.
Education Experience & Skills
- Diploma or Degree in Medical Laboratory Science
- Registered under the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technologist Board
- Knowledge and experience in different laboratory disciplines
- At least 3years working experience in a busy hospital/clinic laboratory
- Good computer and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Ability to communicate in local languages of the communities in Kitengela and its environs will be an added advantage
How to Apply
Send CVs only to firstname.lastname@example.org : Subject Laboratory Technologist by 5th February 2019.