Verde Edge Consulting Ltd wishes to recruit a Legal Secretary on behalf of our client, a leading and well established Kenyan Law firm based in Nairobi.
Key Objective / Purpose of the Job: To provide support in assigned legal cases and increase efficiency of all case management and office procedures.
- Welcome and manage clients in the office, on telephone or email; answering or directing inquiries.
- Writing legal documents, such as summonses, motions, subpoenas, etc.
- Preserve attorneys time by reading, researching, reviewing, verifying, and routing correspondence, reports and legal documents;
- Drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications;
- Maintains attorney calendar by planning and scheduling conferences, teleconferences, dispositions, and travel; recording and monitoring court appearance dates, pleadings, and filing requirements;
- Represents attorney by communicating and obtaining information; following-up on delegated assignments;
- Generates revenues by documenting and inputting attorney billable time and reimbursable expenses; preparing invoices; tracking payments.
- Maintains client confidence by keeping client/attorney information confidential.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions; maintaining transcripts; documenting and maintaining evidence.
- Maintains office supplies by checking stocks; placing and expediting orders; evaluating new products.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs.
Education Experience & Skills
- Legal Studies and or related field certificates
- 3+ years’ experience as a paralegal or legal secretary
- Familiarity with legal documents, legal terminology and government regulations
- Proficiency with MS Office & typing speed of at least 50 wpm with a high rate of accuracy.
- Able to effectively prioritize, multitask effectively and meet deadlines
- Courteous and professional demeanor with strong sense of discretion
- Able to work as a team with attorneys and staff
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
How to Apply
Send CVs only to email@example.com : Subject Legal Secretary by 1st February 2019.