Position: Assistant General Manager
Location: Mombasa, Diani – Kenya
Industry: Leisure & Hospitality
Our client, a Leisure Hotel situated on the world famous Diani Beach which has been voted by TripAdvisor as being one of the top 10 beaches in Africa 2018 is urgently looking to hire a team focused, organised, ambitious and talented Assistant General Manager to join the GM in driving the business to the next level.
As the Assistant General Manager, you will provide support and assistance to the General Manager and day-to-day leadership and direction by maximising financial returns, driving development of people, creating and maintaining a unique guest experience, executing on company and brand standards and building the awareness of the venue and the Hotel’s brand.
About you …
The ideal candidate will have previous experience at management level. You will have good organisation, administrative and team management. Training your team will be essential to ensure everyone’s goals are aligned and that success is achieved through fantastic customer satisfaction scores, internal and external audits, and satisfaction levels of your team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in managing the Hotel Management team and overall hotel targets to deliver an excellent Guest experience as well will be required to manage profitability and guest satisfaction measures. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards
- Manage on-going profitability of your hotel, ensuring revenue and guest satisfaction targets are met and exceeded
- Lead in all key property issues including capital projects, customer service, and on-going property maintenance
- Ensure all decisions are made in the best interest of the hotel
- Deliver achievable hotel budgets, and set other short and long term strategic goals for the property
- Provide effective leadership to the hotel team
- Lead in all aspects of business planning
- Ensure costs are controlled and revenue opportunities are effectively delivered
- Assist in Managing and developing the team to ensure career progression and effective succession planning
- Hold regular briefings and communication meetings with the HOD team and Workers Committee
- Respond to Monthly Accounts and Annual Staff Climate Survey to ensure continual improvement is achieved
- Maintaining and reinforcing an environment where the company standards are continuously met and visible throughout the daily functioning of the property
- Build upon the existing guest experience to create new ideas and to ensure the product remains an award winning guest experience.
- Building relationships with new and repeat guests.
Key Competencies & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel Management or any other relevant field from a recognized institution.
- Experience as an Assistant General Manager within a similar quality style hotel
- Possess strong commercial acumen, with experience in increasing profitability
- Experience managing budgets, revenue proposals, and forecasting results in a similar sized property
- Excellent leadership skills
- Exceptional communication skill
- In-depth knowledge of the hotel leisure service sector including labour relations.
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to email@example.com before close of business 1st February 2019.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and expected salary on the subject line.