Position: Hotel Reservationist
Location: Mombasa, Diani – Kenya
Our client, a Leisure Hotel situated on the world famous Diani Beach which has been voted by TripAdvisor as being one of the top 10 beaches in Africa 2018 is urgently looking to hire dynamic and result oriented Hotel Reservationist.
Job Summary: To answer telephone inquiries in a friendly and courteous manner, and employ sales techniques in order to secure and process reservations for guest accommodations in a timely manner consistent with the Hotel’s high standards of quality.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer the telephone and greet prospective guests in a friendly manner using clear, verbal English communication.
- Listen to callers to understand inquiries and requests.
- Promptly provide accurate information regarding availability, accommodation types, transportation to and from hotel, rate, etc.
- Promote the Hotel’s brand-specific marketing programs.
- Assign reservations based on guest preferences and availability.
- Read, retrieve, communicate and verify information including confirmation number to caller. Input and retrieve data using a computer reservation system and utilizing codes for efficiency
- Answer questions regarding hotel facilities and services, local attractions, directions, etc.
- Know, understand, and communicate applicable deposit and guarantee policies as requested.
- Handle complaints in a tactful manner and negotiate resolutions such as alternative accommodations when hotel is sold out.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned
Key Competencies & Qualifications:
- Diploma in Hospitality Management or any other relevant field from a recognized institution.
- At least 2 years of experience as a Reservationist, preferably a Leisure Hotel.
- Must be have experience in the Opra System
- Must have the ability to communicate in English.
- Self-starting personality with an even disposition.
- Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
- Can communicate well with guests.
- Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player.
- Ability to effectively deal with customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger to collect accurate information.
- Ability to access read and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, customers and patrons.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to input 40 WPM on a computer keyboard.
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business 1st February 2019.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and expected salary on the subject line.