Vacant Position: Maintenance Technician
Location: Maasai Mara Game Reserve, Kenya
Our company, a market leader in Hospitality, is the first organization to establish tented camps in the famous Maasai Mara Game Reserve. We operate four luxury tented eco-camps in the heart of the prime wildlife viewing areas of the Maasai Mara Game Reserve, among other businesses in Kenya..
We are seeking to hire a dynamic, seasoned and highly skilled Maintenance Technician professional who will be based in Maasai Mara but with regular visits to other company owned properties.
Overview: The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for performing general maintenance and repairs on facility equipment, property structures, in addition to performing grounds maintenance.
Summary of Roles & Responsibilities:
- Perform minor building, plumbing, electrical and painting repairs as necessary.
- Enforce preventive maintenance measures.
- Maintain inventory of repair equipment and supplies.
- Complete inspections of offices, staff quarters, guest utility areas, other structures, etc.
- Respond quickly in the event of need or emergency and notify appropriate personnel and follow safety protocols.
- Preparation of monthly repairs and maintenance reports with costs incurred.
- Perform other maintenance duties as required and as may be assigned by the management.
Skills and Qualifications
- Diploma in electricals is required.
- Training / Considerable experience in plumbing, masonry, carpentry is a great advantage.
- Minimum of 6 years experience required in a maintenance role leading others in a dynamic team environment. Prior experience working in a camp set up will be a definite advantage too.
- Technically skilled in managing all round maintenance.
- Ability to manage interpersonal conflict situations effectively.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with team working skills.
- Excellent planning, team player and strong leadership and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively with NO supervision.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and follow specified procedures.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV quoting the job title on the email subject (Maintenance Technician) to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday 8th February 2019.
Kindly indicate current/last salary and expected salary on your CV.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the short listing process.