Metropolitan Cannon General Insurance Ltd is a member of MMI Holdings Limited, a global player in Health, Life and Short term Insurance, and operating in Africa, South East Asia, India and the UK.
The Short-Term Business (GB) is seeking to fill the below listed position with dynamic, forward thinking achievers with expertise in the General Insurance field.
Ref. No. AC/HR/04/2019
Purpose of the Role: Reporting to the Assistant Business Development Manager – GB, the Agency Consultant will play a key role in business acquisition and implementation of sales strategies to ensure achievement of premium targets.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Generate business revenue (new business, organic growth and renewal premium income) so as to meet business targets and objectives.
- Undertake daily marketing activities and business sourcing to ensure achievement of monthly business targets both in revenue and portfolio.
- Actively seek new business avenues from Agents through recruitments and reactivations
- Actively pursue & seek partnerships with Banks for new business generation
- Undertake business presentations and trainings to Agents, Banks and their clients so as to close and secure new and renewal business
- Collaborate with manager/supervisor in preparing budgets and monitoring expenses for the Agency/Banc assurance segment
- In liaison with the underwriting department recommend and conduct risk surveys for business above the set threshold and recommend to the client, necessary risk improvement measures.
- Prepare periodical reports on own production targets and business leads.
- Act as liaison between Agents &Banks and all other departments to service excellence.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors’ Degree in Insurance or any relevant field
- Professional qualifications in Insurance (ACII/ IIK) or Progress in ACII/IIK
- At least 5 years’ experience in marketing general insurance business products
Required skills and Competencies
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Good self-planning and organisation skills
- Confident, self –driven with strong work ethic
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are requested to forward their cover letter, curriculum vitae and relevant academic testimonials via email only to firstname.lastname@example.org by 29th January 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Metropolitan Cannon General Insurance Ltd is an equal opportunity employer, therefore canvassing will automatically be disqualified