Metropolitan Cannon General Insurance Ltd is a member of MMI Holdings Limited, a global player in Health, Life and Short term Insurance, and operating in Africa, South East Asia, India and the UK.
The Short-Term Business (GB) is seeking to fill the below listed position with dynamic, forward thinking achievers with expertise in the General Insurance field.
Marketing Officer – Marine Business
Ref. No. MB/HR/03/2019
Purpose of the Role: Reporting to the Assistant Business Development Manager – GB, the Marketing Officer – Marine Insurance will play a key role in business acquisition and implementation of sales strategies to ensure achievement of premium targets.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Generate marine business revenue so as to meet business targets and objectives.
- Undertake daily marketing activities and business sourcing to ensure achievement of monthly business targets both in revenue and portfolio.
- Actively pursue marine portal referrals /engagements and seek new business
- Participate fully in developing and implementing effective marketing strategies to compete with companies who sell marine insurance in line with the overall Corporate strategy
- Handle to conclusion all business enquiries either on the portal, email, direct etc and coordinate with the underwriting department to ensure competitive quotations to clients and issuance of marine certificates
- Undertake business presentations and trainings to intermediaries/ clearing & forwarding agents and clients so as to close and secure new business
- In liaison with the underwriting department ensure all Marine cargo inspections are undertaken at the port and reports filed
- Collaborate with manager/supervisor in preparing budgets and monitoring expenses for the Marine Insurance segment.
- Conduct sales presentations to target market on Marine insurance offerings, coverage, features, online process and claims handling to promote sale of insurance.
- Liaise with Cargo Surveillance unit to inspect landed cargo at the port or warehouse -examining its general condition to ensure safety & safeguard Company’s interests
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors’ Degree in Insurance or any relevant field
- Professional qualifications in Insurance (ACII/ IIK) or Progress in ACII/IIK
- At least 4 years working within an insurance company or a large broker, preferably within a Marine & GIT segment/section
Required Skills and Competencies
- Good understanding of other non- motor insurance policies including property & liability classes of insurance etc.( Fire Commercial & Domestic, Burglary, GPA/WIBA/EL)
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Confident, self –driven with strong work ethic
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are requested to forward their cover letter, curriculum vitae and relevant academic testimonials via email only to email@example.com by 29th January 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Metropolitan Cannon General Insurance Ltd is an equal opportunity employer, therefore canvassing will automatically be disqualified