Our client, Oikocredit International, is a socially responsible investor dedicated to empowering people globally. Their mission is to provide financial services and support to organisations to improve the quality of life of low-income people or communities in a sustainable way. They offer a triple return to their investors: social, financial and environmental.
Oikocredit’s regional office for Africa is located in Nairobi and serves the country offices for Kenya, Nigeria, Ghana and Côte d’Ivoire. For its regional office in Nairobi, Oikocredit is seeking a motivated and self-driven professional to fill the following position:
HR Business Partner
As HR Business Partner you will focus on the African country offices; be part of the global human resources team based in the Netherlands and consisting of eight colleagues; and report to the International HR Business Partner.
The global HR team’s goal is to build the HR function and capabilities in line with Oikocredit’s strategy; attracting, developing and aligning people in accordance with Oikocredit’s aspirations and change process.
As the HR Business Partner, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Represent the first point of contact for managers in your region. Advising, influencing and challenging management on the development and delivery of their people plans, supporting the achievement of the business objectives
- Provide both day-to-day operational support and advice on strategic initiatives to help achieve the organisation’s business objectives
- Provide advice on change management activities such as organisational/departmental restructuring; job design and descriptions; outsourcing and compensation structure
- Analysing, developing, maintaining and ensuring compliance with HR policies, procedures and guidelines taking into account the business needs
- Selecting, structuring, combining and interpreting external and internal data, information and developments
- Acting as a functional expert or liaising with managers, advising and supporting them on relevant matters relating to HR
- Contributing to the implementation of HR processes
- Providing insights upon request or at your own initiative regarding quantitative and qualitative developments by means of periodic and ad-hoc reports and/or analyses
- Defining, managing and participating in local and global projects
- Signalling possibilities for the improvement and standardisation of processes, techniques and systems
- Enjoy working in international environments
- Combine pragmatism with high-level thinking
- Understand how to enable our business and people
- Thrive on taking ownership to solve challenges
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- A degree in the field of human resources, business management with a specialisation in HR, law or related discipline from a recognised institution
- A minimum of five years’ work experience as an HR generalist
- Advance knowledge of HR management
- General knowledge of employment conditions, culture and labour law in countries within scope
- Fluency in English and French and excellent communication skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 7th February 2019 stating the subject heading “HR BUSINESS PARTNER” clearly indicating their expected remuneration (MUST).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Incomplete applications and applications submitted after the application deadline will not be taken into consideration in the selection process.
More information about Oikocredit can be found at: www.oikocredit.coop/jobs/working-for-oikocredit