Olivado (EPZ) Ltd
Job Title: General Manager
The Company: Olivado EPZ Ltd (OEPZ), the world’s largest supplier of organic fair trade avocado oil, is part of the Olivado Group, which offers a vertically integrated system from farm to market under the Olivado brand.
Olivado developed the process for making extra virgin avocado oil in New Zealand in 2000, and in 2007 expanded into Kenya, where its plant in Murang’a (commissioned 2012) produces up to 80% of the Group’s avocado oil.
The company successfully runs a fair trade organic outgrower scheme of 2,200 farmers in Kenya, and a 1.5 kW biogas production unit in Kenya will be commissioned in March 2019.
The Job: Olivado EPZ Ltd and Olivado Fresh EPZ Ltd are looking for a General Manager to help plan and implement the companies’ operational strategies. In conjunction with the CEO and Group Business Manager the GM plans, directs, and oversees the company’s operational strategy.
The GM helps create and then execute long- and short-term strategies and directives by implementing judgement, vision, management, and leadership. We are looking for someone who has driven, enthusiasm and a passion for working and talking with small holder farmers.
This is a varied role that includes the following activities:
- Leads operational strategy as developed in conjunction with CEO and Group Business Manager
- Overall responsibility for developing and controlling company budgets
- Measures effectiveness and efficiency of operational processes both internally and externally and finds ways to improve processes
- Acts as liaison with Central and County governments and relevant Government agencies
- Works with Field Officers to help support the management of farmer relationships
- Identifies and manages grants from NGO’s to help foster growth of processing capacity and expansion
- Provides mentoring to all employees
- Motivates staff to meet or surpass organisational goals
- Acts as head of human resources to assist with the recruitment of skilled talent, develops and maintains staff incentives and KPIs
- Promotes communication between colleagues and the wider group to improve information flows
- To be successful in this role you will need the following skills and qualifications:
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- A proven history of staff management
- Computational skills
- Strategic planning and business development experience
- Financial modelling and analysis and cost accounting experience
- Agricultural industry knowledge an advantage
- You will need to be a critical thinker who can problem solve and think outside the box
The role is part of the African Management Board of the Olivado Group, and reports to the Group Business Manager.
Please send CV, Testimonials and application to firstname.lastname@example.org