Olivado Fresh EPZ Limited
Job Title: Pack House Manager
Reports To: Operations Manager
- Oversee all packhouse activities to ensure the smooth and efficient running on the facility
- Assist and support the Operations Manager
- Ensure compliance to food/health certification and safety systems, custodian of food safety documents and records.
- Verify suppliers to ensure they meet the required specifications
- Responsible for compliance to the GlobalGap chain of custody system
- Responsible for the management of the Organic, SMETA,BRC and Fair for Life Fair Trade standard
- Ensure all internal SOPs are followed, maintain and update these as required
- Liaise with Field Operations Manager and other external fruit suppliers to understand fruit inflows.
- Liaise with customers to plan seasons production and ensure orders are fufilled on time
- Responsible for product quality and liaising with customers on the same
- Overall responsibility for recruitment of staff (including seasonal staff) and making sure that supervisors have the appropriate staff required for each shift
- Liaise with OEPZ accounts staff, provide reports manage budgets and packhouse payroll
- Conduct ongoing KPI reviews and provide reports on the same
- Increase Olivado Fresh export portfolio, introducing new customers and crops that can optimize the current pack house and staff capacity.
- Liaise with the freight companies to optimize the transport logistics and pricing
- Work with the Operations Manager to increase the capacity of the packhouse, this includes packing additional products or other uses of the space/staff
- University degree in a science related/ business management field.
- Training either as part of the formal qualifications or by the successful completion of a formal course in:
- Food safety and quality management system
- Auditing techniques
- Food hygiene and HACCP
- A minimum of 2 years post-graduate and 3 years overall experience in the food processing/manufacturing industry packhouse experience an advantage. This shall involve work in the food quality assurance or food safety function
- English language skills
- Thorough knowledge of Kenyan labor and industrial laws
Job application and CV to be sent to email@example.com by 14th January 2019.