One Acre Fund
We are an international non-profit that works in Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, Tanzania, Uganda, Malawi and Zambia. In these countries, our 5,000+ strong staff serves over 500,000 smallholder farmers and enables them to grow their way out of hunger and poverty.
ITO Inventory and Support Technician
Job Location: Kakamega
Reports To: Senior HR Manager
Organization Description: Most of the world’s poor are farmers, representing the largest and most uniform group of poor people in the world. One Acre Fund is a growing NGO in Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, Uganda, Malawi, Zambia and Tanzania that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential. Instead of giving handouts, One Acre Fund invests in farmers to generate a permanent gain in farm income.
We provide farmers with a “market bundle” that includes education, finance, farm inputs and solar lights, and market access. Our program is proven impactful-every year, we weigh thousands of harvests and measure 50-100% average gain in farm income per acre. We have laser-like focus on generating better lives for the people that we serve.
We are growing quickly. In ten years, we have grown to serve 0ver 500,000 farm families with more than 5,000 full-time field staff. Our approach has won widespread validation, winning grants from The MasterCard Foundation and Gates Foundation.
Job Description: As an ITO Inventory and Support Technician you will be responsible for the full management of Kenya monthly Inventory report generation for HR and on demand formulate, test and implement inventory management techniques for the whole organization to ensure inventory data integrity and consistency. Hardware and software technical support
- Provide hardware technical support-laptops
- Provide software technical Support-Windows and applications
- OS maintenance on user computers-periodic checkup on all OAF computers
- Follow and write IT support processes-create IT documentation for OAF Kenya
- Keep track of problems and repairs-log all tasks performed and provide for check-ins
2. Inventory Management
- Full management of Kenya inventory
- Inventory report generation – monthly for HR and on demand
- Formulate, test and implement inventory management techniques for the whole organization to ensure inventory data integrity and consistency.
3. Roster Support
- Tier 1 Roster support – Respond to email@example.com emails and resolve roster issues in conjunction with the roster team leads.
4. Special projects – Ticketing
- Assist Ticketing admin in ticket system administration- log issues; assign tickets and follow-up for ticket resolution and closure.
- Prioritize and manage open cases in time
5. Liaison between ITO Kenya Manager and OAF staff
6. Any other duties related to OAF daily activities as may be assigned to you by your supervisor.
- Possess a degree in IT related field.
- 1 or 2 years’ experience in Hardware and software support in a busy IT environment
- Hardware and software troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge – Know his/her way around desktop hardware, software applications, operating systems and network connectivity.
- Inventory management-experience with OCS inventory software
- Experience with helpdesk support ticketing software like glpi
- Problem solving – Resolve problems while maximizing efficient use of computing resources.
- Teamwork – Work well in a team-oriented environment.
- Open and willing to learn.
- Mobility and Flexibility – Be willing to take on additional responsibilities when asked.
- Strong work ethic: strong sense of ethics, honesty and integrity
- Able to work under tight deadlines with minimum supervision
- Attention to details and good numerical skills
- Strong work ethic
- Quick learner and team player
- Excellent in written and verbal communication
- Excellent organizational skills
- Be willing to reside in Western, Kenya
If you feel motivated to work for One Acre Fund as the ITO Inventory and Support Technician and if you fulfill our requirements for this role, we look forward to receiving your application by 16th January, 2019.
To apply, please CLICK HERE.
You must be 18 years or older to qualify for any position at One Acre Fund.
One Acre Fund will never ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.