Job Vacancy: ICT Infrastructure Engineer
Background: Rendeavour is an urban land developer with a total land bank in excess of 12,000 ha across Kenya, Nigeria, Ghana, Zambia and the DRC. Rendeavour’s focus is on transforming raw land into developable land on a large scale.
Rendeavour has a small and agile senior management team that consists of the CEO, CFO, Chief of Staff, Country Heads and Functional Heads.
Rendeavour is looking to expand its reliability and service delivery in information and communication technology as well as decentralize the function for security reasons.
Job title: ICT Infrastructure Engineer
Reporting line: Reporting line to the CFO.
In addition, the person would be working very closely with current Head of ICT
Location: Kenya (Nairobi)
Start date: As soon as possible.
Contract Type: Permanent employment
ICT Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for the effective design, development, implementation and operation of information technology products, services and support, including inter alia:
- Assist in the design, specification, configuration, installation, and maintenance of Fiber Optics Metropolitan Area Networks (MAN) for the various real estate development in the group;
- Lead in the maintenance of WAN & LAN hardware, software, and telecommunications services and Internet service providers;
- Installation and management of Microsoft system servers, Network Infrastructure, VPN Connections and security Server configuration;
- Integration of solutions with other applications and platforms based on group requirements;
- Deliver an excellent ICT service through proactive development and maintenance, and ICT Helpdesk support to staff;
- Lead the introduction of new technologies in mobile devices, web and social media;
- Research and make recommendations on hardware and software purchases and negotiate with vendors to ensure cost-effective purchasing decisions;
- Provide vision, planning and coordination of all software development and/or implementation activities;
- Implement an enterprise-wide information security plan that protects the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the company’s data and servers;
- Effectively communicate IT vision and plans in understandable terms throughout the organisation;
- Ensure and monitor security compliance as it relates to any changes in legislation.
Hard skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, BSc IT
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- At least 4 years relevant experience.
- Experience in real estate ICT infrastructure is highly desirable.
- Mature, pragmatic and flexible approach;
- Team player;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Rigorous and organised approach;
- Hands-on, ready to roll up the sleeves.
- High energy;
- Strong work ethic;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure;
- Able and willing to travel throughout project sites.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online.
Application deadline is 14th Jan 2019.