Sanergy is looking for a qualified County Sales Executive – Agronomy and Animal Nutrition for our Farm Star products, including EverGrow organic fertilizer and KuzaPro animal feed supplement.
Who we are: Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making safe sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements. Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves 3 critical steps: we build a dense network of high-quality sanitation facilities — Fresh Life Toilets — franchised to residents in the community.
We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community. Finally, we convert the waste into valuable agricultural products, which we sell to Kenyan farmers.
About the role: Farm Star Sales Team enables Sanergy to sell end products derived from treated organic waste. The Senior Sales Executive- Agronomy and Animal Nutrition will sell Farm Star end products to achieve required revenues and margin.
A typical day for you might include the following
- Implement projects to grow Evergrow fertilizer sales through direct sales and trade sells channels by more than 10X.
- Implement projects to grow KuzaPro sales through trade sells channels by more than 10X.
- Manage sales agents to maximize their efficiency in achieving the required number of presentations and client visits.
- Coach sales agents on how to overcome blocks so as to increase the sales conversion ratio and retention of existing clients.
- Recruit traders (resellers, Agrovets, Distributors) to sell Evergrow.
- Manage revenue collections to minimize risk to the organization.
- Accompany sales reps for client visits so as to increase the probability of repeat sales at higher volumes per client.
- Conduct performance management for sales reps.
- Lead sales reps in creating bottom up sales projections that take into account planting cycles for active clients and leads.
- Continuously follow up with sales reps to ensure that they achieve targets for client presentations and client visits.
- Lead implementation of projects assigned by the manager to scale EG sales.
Skills and qualifications you’ll need
- Degree in an Agricultural related course
- Previous experience in significantly scaling up an existing business
- >3 years’ experience in building and managing sales teams, preferably in direct sales with a clear track record of high performance
- Previous experience in data-driven decision making in sales.
- Previous experience working in cross-functional teams.
- Previous experience fully owning a product/business unit P&L.
- Previous experience creating and managing a budget, developing a recruiting strategy and plan, scaling up an existing business unit.
- Previous experience coaching staff.
- Humility and interest in learning in-depth about a new industry, new product category, new sales process, and everything else that’s needed.
- Coachable – a desire to learn, constantly improve, and act on feedback
- Willingness to work outside of Nairobi and travel to support the sales team approx. 80% of the time.
- Valid motor bike license and driving experience
- Sense of humour
Qualities you’ll need to fit in well among the Sanergy-Stars
- A collaborative spirit that compels you to work beyond your team
- A desire to understand and serve customers
- A willingness to embrace diversity, integrity and empathy
- An innovative approach to assessing and testing new ideas
- An enthusiasm to achieve set targets and improve yourself professionally
The perks you’ll have
- A holistic benefits package
- Unparalleled opportunities for personal and professional growth
- A unique chance to tackle critical challenges of sanitation, economic empowerment and food security
Join a team you’ll love
Submit your cover letter and resume detailing a portfolio of your experience and expertise by 15th January 2019 via firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply with the subject being County Sales Executive- Agronomy with expected salary expectation