Opportunity for Internship at Schools and Colleges Permaculture Programme (SCOPE Kenya)
Schools and Colleges Permaculture Programme – SCOPE Kenya, is a local capacity building and networking Organization, which works with schools’ community, to enhance food & nutrition security and environmental conservation, through Permaculture / sustainable Ecological Agriculture practices.
SCOPE office is located in Thika, and has a membership of 16 NGOs working in 11counties.
The Organization wishes to offer an opportunity for internship, to one person who is interested and focused in gaining skills and experience in Agricultural and Environmental conservation fields. Qualified and interested candidates are herein requested to respond to this advert appropriately.
Key Responsibilities and Engagement Areas at SCOPE Kenya
- To support in implementation of sustainable ecological agriculture project in schools and at community level.
- To coordinate trainings and implementation of seed multiplication project at community level.
- To prepare monthly, Quarterly and activity reports in conformity with the standards of reporting procedure.
- To conduct project Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Support documentation and sharing of case studies/ good practices with Member Organizations.
- Work closely with SCOPE Coordinator in resource mobilization/fund raising.
- To undertake any other relevant duties as may be delegated or assigned by the National Coordinator.
Qualifications / Attributes
The ideal candidate should have the following qualities:
- Be educated to a diploma/ degree level in agriculture and / or environmental fields.
- Have completed university or college education i.e. not a continuing student. Copies of certificates must be provided.
- Have computer operating skills in all Microsoft Packages including emails and internet.
- Having accounting skills is an added advantage.
- Willing to work both in office and field work.
- Have skills in report writing and documentation and ability to meet deadlines
- Be a self-driven individual with a zeal for result and excellence and ability to work under minimal supervision
- Have excellent communication skills in English and Kiswahili
- Be willing to grow through learning, being mentored .
- Be willing to work with people of diverse cultural and religious backgrounds
Remuneration: This is not a salaried position. Full time for 1 year, but may lead to full time employment with availability of funds.
Location: The person to be engaged will be based in Thika at SCOPE Kenya offices.
Deadline and application Procedure
Deadline for submission of the applications will be 10th January 2019(Cover letter and CV only) to be sent by email only to:
The National Coordinator, SCOPE Kenya,
Hand delivered applications will not be accepted.