Who We Are
Skye Planners Limited is a professional corporate event management company incorporated in Kenya.
Account Manager Position
We are looking for an Account Manager to generate sales leads, create long-term, trusting relationships with our customers.
The Account Manager’s role is to oversee a portfolio of assigned customers, develop new business from existing clients, actively seek new sales opportunities and coordinate and execute implementation of the projects.
What does an Account Manager do?
Account management responsibilities include developing strong relationships with customers, connecting with key business executives and stakeholders and preparing sales reports.
Account Managers also answer client queries and identify new business opportunities among existing customers. In this role, you will liaise with cross-functional internal teams (including creatives, and operations) to improve the entire customer experience.
If you have a flair for client communication and understand consumer behaviour, we’d like to meet you. Ideally, candidates for this role will know how to meet ambitious individual and team-wide sales quotas.
Ultimately, a successful Account Manager should collaborate with our internal teams to achieve quotas while keeping our clients satisfied and engaged with our products and services in the long-run. The are the single point of contact for all our clients and lead each campaign.
- Identify and grow opportunities within territory
- Develop new business with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement to meet sales quotas
- Forecast and track key account metrics (e.g. quarterly sales results and annual forecasts)
- Prepare reports on account status
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives
- Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed
- Coordinate planning and execution of multiple key events may include research conferences, seminars, receptions, dinners, golf outings, leadership off-sites, multi-day client events and other corporate events
- Manage all aspects of the event operation including attendance tracking and reporting, production of registration websites & invitations, internal and external speaker management, venue selection, room décor and set-up, catering and rental needs, AV, management of other internal or external vendors, onsite execution, budgeting, expense tracking and invoice reconciliation.
- Additional responsibilities include adherence to all of our client’s compliance-related requirements and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Ensure SLA’s (Service Level Agreements) are monitored and achieved throughout the event planning process
- Be proactive with ideas, concepts and creative solutions
- Field questions and offer advice to team members to assist with creative problem solving
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all customer account management matters
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships
- Negotiate contracts and close agreements to maximize profits
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
- Minimum 2 years professional work experience as an Account Manager, experiential marketing or relevant role
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities
- Must be detail oriented, resourceful, proactive, creative and flexible, possessing a “can do” attitude
- Excellent project management skills: strong communication, organizational, time management and attention to detail
- Must be a team-player, enthusiastic, positive, polished, poised and professional in a highly professional business setting; have strong executive presence and strategic influencing skills
- Ability to work and maneuver through a process driven company
- Ability to take direction and work independently
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task; work under tight deadlines
- Ability to work extended hours and travel when required
Education qualification: BSc / BBA Degree Marketing or relevant field
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the above criteria should submit their CV and application as well as indicate the expected monthly salary to firstname.lastname@example.org by 29 January, 2019.
A monthly salary and commission shall be offered to the selected candidate.