Job Vacancy: Business Analyst
Who we are: Soko’s mission is to transform ethical fashion from a niche player in the global fashion industry to a meaningful and competitive sourcing and purchasing option for global brands and individual consumers alike.
Soko’s unique model is doing just this by pioneering what we like to call Ethical Fast Fashion – providing close to the real-time trend responsive product that is both prices sensitive and socially and ethically handcrafted by marginalized creatives living and working in the developing world.
Our modern, fashion-forward products, handmade from ethically sourced and upcycled materials, have become a favorite of more than 300 international retailers ranging from Nordstrom, The Reformation, Amazon, QVC and Anthropologie, and endorsed for social impact by the United Nations, USAID, and the World Bank.
Our supply chain innovations have enabled us to match marginalized developing world artisan production with real-time global demand for Soko’s designs
The Position: Reports to the Chief Operating Officer. The Business Analyst will support upper management with a broad range of deliverables including supporting strategic initiatives and projects, forecast reporting and project management. The job holder will play a critical role contributing to their day-to-day business operations duties and partnering with the US and Kenya teams.
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
- Leading ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies.
- Staying up-to-date on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize the VRP/ ERP.
- Conducting meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings.
- Performing requirements analysis.
- Effectively communicating your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management.
- Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports.
- Working closely with clients, technicians, and managerial staff.
- Providing leadership, training, coaching, and guidance to junior staff.
- Allocating resources and maintaining cost efficiency.
- Ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements.
- Performing user acceptance testing.
- Managing projects, developing project plans, and monitoring performance.
- Updating, implementing and maintaining procedures.
- Prioritizing initiatives based on business needs and requirements.
- Serving as a liaison between stakeholders and users.
- Managing competing resources and priorities.
- Monitoring deliverables and ensuring timely completion of projects.
Business Analyst Requirements
- A bachelor’s degree in business or related field or an MBA.
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience in business analysis or a related field.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Experience leading and developing top performing teams.
- A history of leading and supporting successful projects.
How to Apply
If you meet the stated qualifications,experience,skills and you are up for the task send your CV and Motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 31st January 2019.
Please indicate your current and expected salary.