Job Title: Cashier
Division: Network Management
Department: Nyeri Branch
Section / Unit: Administration
Reports to: Service Admin Assistant
Work Station: Nyeri Branch
Direct Reports: N/A
Indirect Reports: N/A
Job Purpose: This role is responsible for the provision of support to the sales functions through timely and accurate collection and receipting of funds received from customers.
Further, the role keeps safe custody of the monies receives, and banks the money in line with the TKEN cash management guidelines.
Main Responsibilities of the Job
Managerial / Supervisory
- Receive and issue receipts for funds received from customers through cash, cheque, Mpesa, credit card payments, and Electronic Funds Transfer for services / goods sold to customers;
- Issue gate passes to customers who have settled their amounts due to enable them collect their vehicles;
- Offload and analyse daily collections and post to relevant bank General Ledgers to eliminate variances;
- Clear the cash desk and update the General Ledger to ensure proper allocation of monies received ;
- Bank all cash, cheques, and credit card payments received on a daily basis to ensure no variances between bank balance and book balances;
- Make petty cash payments and post the transactions to all staff for proper accounting to ensure no misallocation of funds occurs;
- Make payments for staff reimbursements and advances as well as customers refunds in line with set procedures, to ensure minimal complaints from customers and staff;
- Prepare petty cash reimbursement requests and submit to Finance Department to aid in replenishing spent petty cash for uninterrupted branch operations;
- Account for change and petty cash float on a daily basis to ensure no shortage/excess occurs.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Minimum level of academic and professional qualification required to perform effectively in the role
- Diploma in business administration.
Minimum level of experience required to perform effectively in the role
- 1 year of relevant experience in an organisation of similar size of operations.
- Service department
- Parts department
- Sales department
- Customers- Toyota Kenya,
- Banks- Barclays, Stan chart.
- Cash In Transit Companies- KK cash management services
- Computer Literacy-Microsoft Word, Excel ,PowerPoint, SAP
- Knowledge of relevant legislation.
- Knowledge of professional standards.
- Writing skills
- Presentation skills
- Professionalism –maintains a professional approach based on ethics and TKEN values
- Integrity, honesty, and ethics- ensures ethical practices and integrity to protect TKEN from reputational risk
- Communication Skills
- Customer orientation-is customer focused striking a solid balance between external and internal customer orientation
- Resilience –is able to withstanding strategic and operational challenges and maintain momentum
- Emotional Intelligence-manages emotions in a mature and composed manner as expected of a leader
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements, kindly forward your application enclosing a detailed word version of your curriculum vitae together with a cover letter by 23rd January 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate Cashier – Nyeri Toyota as the header of your email.
We are an equal opportunity employer