Job Title: Service Manager
Division: Network Management
Department: Mombasa Toyota
Section / Unit: Service
Reports to: Branch Manager
Work station: Branch
Direct Reports: Service Reception Supervisor
- Workshop Supervisors
- Quality Controller
- Service Advisor
Job Purpose: The Service Manager position is responsible for the coordination of service operations to ensure timely and quality delivery of service to customers, compliance with Anzen guidelines in the delivery of service, and for the management of the service team for enhanced motivation and performance.
Main Responsibilities of the Job
Managerial / Supervisory
- Implement service operational strategies to achieve set targets through continuous progress monitoring
- Monitor the utilisation of the service budget to ensure efficiency in the utilisation of funds allocated
- Supervise the Service team to ensure a motivated and high performing team in the delivery of quality and timely service to the customers
- Track and analyse key performance indicators to understand performance status and provide countermeasure where there are gaps
- Build healthy relationship with other departments in the branch through communication and exchange of ideas to ensure smooth interdepartmental operations
- Mentor and coach Service staff and recommend them for scheduled trainings to improve their skills
- Monitor compliance with TKEN credit and cash sales policies to ensure the department is fully compliant;
- Submit the monthly branch reports to HQ in line with the TKEN reporting guidelines.
- Oversee operations of the workshop to obtain maximum utilisation of automotive equipment and prevent operational delays in the section
- Resolve critical customer complaints to mend broken trust and enhance customer retention
- Monitor daily service sales to ensure performance is on track as per set targets and introduce action plans when below target
- Provide a safe and conducive working environment in line with the Kaizen guidelines to eliminate risks associated with noncompliance with Anzen regulations
- Review work flows to increase the productivity of the Service team
- Study the Voice of customer (VOC) report to understand customer satisfaction levels through Customer Service Index and provide solutions where there are gaps
- In collaboration with the marketing team, implement marketing activities relating to services available to grow sales and create awareness
- Monitor and approve all Warranty and internal jobs to ensure service to customers is provided in a timely manner
- Report on the performance of the branch under the 3S across the brands, detailing gaps and possible solutions, to ensure all the brands represented in the branch are well informed on the performance in a timely manner
- Facilitate 5s, Kodawari and Anzen audits within service department to ensure minimal risk exposure to staff, as well as full compliance with regulatory, TKEN, and manufacture guidelines
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Minimum level of academic and professional qualification required to perform effectively in the role
- Bachelors’ Degree in engineering or other relevant field from a recognised institution.
Minimum level of experience required to perform effectively in the role
- 8 years of experience in a motor vehicle workshop with at least 2 years in a supervisory position
- Management Team – budgeting & performance reporting
- Service Providers – sublets & supplies of consumables
- Customers – For business opportunities & relationship Building
- Financial management to allow one understand the performance of the department.
- Product & technical knowledge so that one is able to comfortably relate and respond to product issues.
- Customer service management for relationship with customers to improve retention and acquisition.
- Computer literacy
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Knowledge of professional standards
- Report writing- ability to develop reports
- Presentation skills
- Business acumen- knows how business works; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology and information affecting the business; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the market place
- Strategic agility – Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods
- Perspective – Looks toward the broadest possible view of an issue/challenge; has broad-ranging personal and business interests and pursuits; can easily pose future scenarios; can discuss multiple aspects and impacts of issues and project them into the future
- Technical learning – Is good at learning new industry, company, product or technical knowledge
- Quality decisions – Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of your solutions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time
- Problem solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; is excellent at honest feedback; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers; probes all fruitful sources for answers
- Interpersonal skills – Is self aware, and has ability to relate with people across all levels of seniority as appropriate, to ensure achievement of personal targets
- Organisational positioning skills – Understanding of organisation structure both formal and informal, is sensitive to how people and organisations function; anticipates where the landmines are and plans his/her approach accordingly; views politics as a necessary part of organisational life and works to adjust to that reality.
- Energy and drive – Has speed and agility: taking quick and timely action; seizes more opportunities than others, pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing especially in the face of resistance or setbacks
- Integrity and trust – Trusted individuals who can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner, keeps confidence, admits mistakes, doesn’t misrepresent themselves for personal gain
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements, kindly forward your application enclosing a detailed word version of your curriculum vitae together with a cover letter by 24th January 2019 to email@example.com
Please indicate Service Manager – Mombasa Toyota as the header of your email.
We are an equal opportunity employer