University of Washington Kenya (UW-Kenya)
The Adolescent Transition to Adult Care for HIV-infected adolescents in Kenya (ATTACH) study focuses on understanding transition practices in HIV clinics in Kenya, adapting a transition tool to provide a framework for guiding transition process, and testing an adolescent transition package consisting of an adapted transition tool and validated disclosure booklet. The study will involve working with adolescents in HIV clinics in Kenya.
The ATTACH study is seeking to hire staff for a period of 2 years in the following position:
Location: The study will be conducted in the following Counties: Busia, Bungoma, Kakamega, Homabay, Kajiado, Kisii, Nairobi and Nakuru.
The study nurses will be primarily responsible for guiding the HIV care clinic in both the intervention and control sites to undertake and monitor transition of adolescents to adult HIV care.
- BSN and registered with the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- Knowledge of health information system use in HIV/AIDs care.
- Experience in conducting routine data quality assessments.
- Good communication skills and report writing skills.
- Experience in working with Ministry of Health/County government personnel will be an added advantage
- Strong leadership skills and ability to build relationships, work well as part of a team and facilitate the achievement of results.
- Willingness to travel across the country on a need basis.
- Two Years’ experience working in a research Project.
The study nurses’ role is to:
- Supervise both the intervention and control sites ensuring transition procedures and tracking are undertaken as outlined in the study protocol.
- Work closely and motivate staff at the intervention sites to use the disclosure and transition tools as stipulated in the study protocol.
- Visit the sites to ensure that transition procedures are being followed and documented.
- Report site activities and progress to the study team on a weekly basis.
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the above requirements should send their CV and a cover letter detailing why they are the best candidates for the positions and expected salary and include daytime telephone contacts to ATTACHSTUDY2019@gmail.com
Closing date for applications is 11th February 2019.
These vacancies are available beginning 1st March 2019 for duration of 1 year.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Terms of Employment: This contract will be for one year renewable. Travel up to 30% to sites outside Nairobi is required.
The successful candidate will undergo 3 month probation period after employment.