African Economic Research Consortium (AERC)
Vacancy Announcement: Accounts Assistant (Temporary Position)
African Economic Research Consortium (AERC) is a premier capacity building institution devoted to the advancement of research and training to inform economic policies in Sub-Saharan Africa. AERC, now 29 years in existence was formed to address a glaring gap in economic policy analysis and research, coupled with a need to strengthen postgraduate training in economics, in sub-Saharan Africa.
Reporting to the Accountant, the primary purpose of this role will be to provide support to the Finance and Administration Division for a period of three to six months.
The duties and responsibilities have been outlined below: –
- Periodic reconciliation of the GL accounts and the respective subsidiary ledger.
- Reconciliation of staff advance accounts including verification of receipts, supporting documents etc.
- Reconciliation of vendor accounts and follow up on outstanding issues.
- Follow up on ERP outstanding payment vouchers to be forwarded to finance for approval and payment.
- Assist in processing of purchase invoices, PV’s and journal entries in ERP.
- Confirming that invoices received from procurement have all supporting documents necessary for payment.
- Following up on inspection of services rendered/receipt of goods to enable posting of LPO’s by procurement for payment.
- Following up on unpaid invoices from procurement.
- Reconciliation and follow up of staff petty cash advances.
- Stamping of paid payment vouchers and all supporting documents.
- Filing of payment vouchers and other finance documents.
- Compiling copies of current contracts to ease payment processing for service providers.
- Attaching of payment remittances to respective payment vouchers after payment processing.
- Scanning and forwarding payment remittances for administration to suppliers, staff etc.
- Distribution of payment remittance for programmes to Programme Administrators.
- Recording of approved payment vouchers in their respective bank account register books
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
All applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday February 8th, 2019.