We are a company in Agribusiness and seeking to recruit a Transport Supervisor.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the day to day logistics operation of the company in an efficient and effective manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Allocate Vehicles in the most efficient and economical way
- Keep the management and drivers updated on the new traffic laws and ensure enforcement of the same
- Ensure that safe driving practices are adhered to including local driving codes and internally agreed standards
- Monitoring vehicles on tracking system
- Assist the Admin to ensure assigned company vehicle insurance and registration is updated according to schedule
- Ensure Strict observation of the road and traffic laws and regulations of the NTSA and maximum speed limit as prescribed by the Law
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports on the transport department
- Scheduling Company vehicles for repairs/servicing at the workshop and monitoring the progress, raising L.P.Os for repairs, tires renewal,
- Monitor, analyze and generate fuel consumption reports for all vehicles
- Monitoring fuel consumption for all vehicles by running reports on system
- Allocate drivers duties on day to day basis.
- Requesting for fuel cards from Supplier for all the company Vehicles
- Comply with laws, regulations and legal requirements
- Ensure that the vehicles are in good condition.
- In charge of the drivers and ensure the work arrangement of the drivers is well done.
- Participate in external workshops, working groups, training and other meetings relevant to Company’s safe driving standards.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in logistics or related field
- At least 5 years in a supervisory role
- Valid and clean driving license – class ABCE and an updated certificate of Good Conduct
- Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
If you meet the above requirements kindly share your CV and salary expectation to email@example.com by 20th February 2019