Our client, Brown’s Food Company, is the umbrella brand for Brown’s Cheese, Delia’s Ice Cream and The Cracker Shack. They make a range of high-quality natural cheeses, fast moving commodities e.g. cheddar and mozzarella as well as butter and yoghurt. They sell the products in Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Uganda and South Sudan.
The company is seeking to recruit a highly talented individual to fill in the following position:
Reporting to the Head of Operations, the Procurement Officer will be responsible for handling the procurement of goods and services through established procurement processes, ensuring enhancement of the purchase process and development of positive relationships with customers & suppliers.
The role will also entail monitoring & controlling expenditure as well as ensuring timely delivery of goods and services.
This position will be based in Tigoni, Kiambu County.
- Developing and implementing strategies for procuring, storing, and distributing goods or services and maintaining stock levels
- Monitoring business trends and ensuring that the products and supplies are high quality
- Undertaking price or cost analysis before committing purchases
- Identifying and researching new products and services that will ensure company goals are met
- Reviewing and analyzing all vendors/suppliers price options
- Tracking deliveries and make sure the company receives exactly what was ordered from the suppliers
- Estimating and establishing cost parameters and budgets for purchases
- Assessing total costs of company purchases
- Developing plans for purchasing commodities and services
Key Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance/Accounting, Purchasing and Supplies or related courses from a recognized University
- Diploma in Purchasing & Supplies or Advanced Certificate in Purchasing & Supplies or Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) qualification.
- CPA or related qualification will be an added advantage
- At least three (3) years relevant experience
- Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policies, and systems
- Ability to negotiate, establish, and administer contracts
- Accurate, precise attention to detail and an effective team player
- Good time management skills and ability to make independent and objective decisions
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to email@example.com stating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees with the subject PROCUREMENT OFFICER by 18th February 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.