Location: Kampala, Uganda
Our client is Uganda’s first cold-press juicery, and a leading supplier of juices within Kampala; through supermarkets and online platforms and whose café menu is designed in a minimalistic format to have healthy yet delicious quick food items that also cater for individuals with food intolerances/allergies.
They are seeking to recruit a Chef.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare food and drink as per recipes provided and also help in the development of new recipes
- Prepare sandwiches, soups, salads, smoothies and baked items
- Making cold-pressed juices using the cold-press machine
- Cut, clean, and prepare fruits and vegetables for making juice
- Monitor kitchen stock by maintaining a daily record of production, food and drink stock
- Preplan the following day’s production of the kitchen, order fruits and vegetables accordingly and organize everything beforehand.
- Maintain hygiene and cleanliness of the kitchen and all kitchen equipment
- Maintain stock of packaging material and also fresh fruits and vegetables; place orders and receive accurate stock
- Train kitchen helpers and supervise their work as they help in conducting day to day kitchen operations
Qualifications and Experience
- Must have a degree from a culinary school
- MUST have minimum 2 years’ experience working in a café kitchen/ restaurant kitchen as a chef
- Preference will be given to those who have experience with baking (pastries and bread) as well
How to Apply
To apply online, CLICK HERE on or before 15th February 2019.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement