Employment Opportunity: Child Protection Officer
Background: SAPCONE is a Kenyan based non –governmental organization whose mandate is to work with people particularly pastoralist and fisher-folk communities in Northern Kenya as the main beneficiaries of peace and development.
We do this through innovative project implementation for purposes of attaining sustainable livelihoods. Formed in 2006 as community based organization and transitioned in 2011 as National Public Benefits Organization.
Since its inception in 2006 the organization, has implemented several projects on good governance and social accountability, increase access to education and child protection, support and strengthen community projects for resilience and livelihoods, promote innovative peace building and recurring conflict among Turkana and cross border communities in South Omo zone in Ethiopia,
SAPCONE is seeking a dynamic and suitable qualified person for the position mention below.
Position: Child Protection Officer
Duty Station: Lodwar
# of Positions: 1
Qualification, Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily coordination of case management activities
- Management of the referral pathway ensuring coordination with partners on referrals
- Supervision of child protection team leaders and the database officers
- Organize and facilitate periodic planning and program reviews meetings
- Participate in management of complex or high risk child protection cases including managing a limited number of cases requiring specialized interventions
- Participate in the family level interventions with social workers and team leaders to more effectively manage outcomes or interventions; including participation in selected follow ups
- Review triages and guiding social workers in determining the best course of action in case management
- Support in the conduction of community mobilization for child protection including work with child protection committees
- Work closely with child protection psychosocial counselor to identify high risk cases / children in distress for psychosocial and mental health support
- Participate in need assessments and project evaluations aiming at contributing to the development of the child protection program strategy in Turkana
- Organize and facilitate weekly internal case conference meetings
- Represent SAPCONE at case management and coordination meetings
- Develop field reports on a periodic basis
- Support documentation activities in the project by development of case studies and best practices from the field
Qualifications and Competencies
- Graduate degree in social work / social sciences
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in case management
- Experience in the case management process and knowledge of BIA/BID
- Experience in mental health and psychosocial support programming
- Team management and Project reporting and evaluation experience
- Strong training experience required
- Good computer skills: MS Word and Excel
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the above skills and experience and desire to join SAPCONE in the afore mentioned capacity, please apply by sending a detailed CV and copies of certified testimonials addressed to the Human Resources Manager via the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org please clearly indicate the position title on the envelope.
Hand-written applications should be addressed to the
Human Resource Manager
P.O Box 125 -30500
OR hand delivered to SAPCONE HQ offices in Kanamkemer – Kampi Mpya area.
To reach us by 5pm Tuesday 5th February, 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SAPCONE is an equal opportunity employer.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply