Directline Assurance Company
We are looking for a motivated and qualified professional to fill the position of Finance Manager.
Overall Purpose of the Job: The Finance Manager is responsible for managing and providing leadership to the finance department, ensuring that all financial systems and reporting, internal controls, budgeting, analysis and customer service (underwriting) are conducted and delivered in an accurate and timely manner.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Take lead in the development and implementation of the company’s corporate strategy, operational policies and corporate plans and participate as a lead in
- Develop, implementation and manage the Finance & Investment Strategy
- Develop, implement and monitor annual budget and strategic plan including forecasts and/or projections ensuring cost rationalization
- Review and enhance accounting policies and procedures to ensure strong internal controls and compliance with the International Financial Reporting Standards
- Provide accurate and timely financial and management reports to the management, board of directors, regulators, KRA and any other relevant authority.
- Innovation & RBC Optimization
- Treasury Management: Monitor and control the flow of cash receipts and disbursements to meet the business and investment needs of the company; Ensure adequate cash flow to meet operational needs and maximize return on investment
- Provide innovative investment solutions which optimize investment income.
- Prepare audit schedules and liaise with internal and external auditors for periodic audit and inspections
- Manage the acquisition of capital assets and ensure that assets are properly tagged, amortized, and disposed of as appropriate
- Establish mutual working relationships with banks, fund managers, KRA, IRA and other key stakeholders;
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of accurate returns to regulatory and statutory authorities
- Ensure compliance with all Regulatory Requirements: Prepare and submit returns to Insurance Regulatory Authority (IRA) and Association of Kenya Insurers (AKI); Returns & payments to the Tax authorities and all other relevant stator & regulatory bodies
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions; Ensure high standards of book keeping and ensure no transactions or reports are incomplete at the end of each day
- Implement and continuously update departmental workflows for Finance and Underwriting in order to strengthen internal controls. Ensure all processes and reports are done within the set deadlines.
- Provide guidance and direction to staff in accordance with the company policies, procedures, processes and systems in place.
- Review and submit financial records, receipts, payables and cash flows in a timely manner and ensure they are accurate
- Manage the underwriting function of the Company & ensure that customers are served efficiently & internal controls are sufficient
- Manage the day to day operational activities of the Finance Department and ensure critical reports are circulated in good time.
- Cost control & rationalization
- Any other responsibilities that will be communicated from time to time.
- Master’s degree preferably MBA will be an added advantage
- University degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting or equivalent from an institution recognized by Commission for Higher Education
- CPA (K) or equivalent;
- Member of ICPA(K)
- MUST have at least five (5) years Audit experience and five (5) years’ experience in a busy commercial Finance & Accounts Department, three (3) of which must be at senior management level.
- Finance & Strategic Planning experience in an insurance company
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of contemporary financial principles and practices and reporting
- Experience in Financial Management Systems
- Business/Department strategy formulation and execution
- Supervisory and leadership skills managing team/department performance and staff
Skills and Attributes
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- High integrity and ethical level; Able to maintain utmost confidentiality of information in their possession
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, negotiation and presentation skills
- Self-motivated, confident and outgoing personality
- Have great attention to detail and able to get things done to completion
If you qualify for the above advertised role, kindly send us a detailed CV and Application Letter clearly demonstrating your fit as per the roles & responsibilities and the person specifications (academic/professional qualifications, experience, skills & attributes) listed above.
Applications that do not conform to the Application Instructions will not be considered.
Kindly send your application documents to firstname.lastname@example.org to reach us on or before 5.00pm Friday 15th Feb 2019.