Company Profile: We are a broad-based educational company involved in book publishing, educational consultancy, strategy mapping, printing and book distribution.
We are a leading supplier of differentiated quality educational products in the East African marketplace. We have a singular focus of providing learners and the general reading public with quality, differentiated books for all levels of education – Early Childhood (ECDE), Primary, Secondary and Tertiary.
Our Mission: To create and publish books and other educational solutions that sharpen and enrich the users’ lives.
Our Vision: To be the leading supplier of differentiated quality educational products in the East African marketplace.
- Review and revise existing books and products to strengthen them against the competing titles in the marketplace
- Recruit illustrators, guide them and work together with designer(s) to meet set deadlines
- Recruit writers and assist them to develop manuscripts using the curriculum
- Communicate to the public in meetings, social media and website
- Attend book promotional activities when called upon to assist
Qualifications and person specifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in publishing or education
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent grasp of the English language
- Creative and innovative thinker and planner
- Confident in producing work across multiple platforms
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Proficient in computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel) and Google Docs
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- High level of commitment to duty, and discipline.
- Demonstrable ability to put customer interests first.
- Unquestionable level of integrity.
If you are a young university graduate looking to spruce up your skills in a publishing firm as an intern, this is your chance to get the right exposure.
We do not pay for internship, but we expose you and look out for employment opportunities as and when they arise in the industry.
If you are interested, please write to the General Manager, Spear Sharp Education, via email@example.com to reach him not later than 17th February 2019