FIDA Kenya is a non-profit, non -partisan Organization committed to a society that respects and upholds women’s rights through the provision of legal aid, mediation services, women’s rights monitoring, advocacy, education and awareness creation.
FIDA Kenya seeks to recruit a suitable candidate to fill the following vacant position:
Program Officer (PLWD Program) – Woman & Governance
Persons Living with Disabilities (PLWD) who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply.
Report to: Senior Program Officer (Women & Governance).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzing existing policies for gender responsiveness and accountability
- Planning coordination and implementation of programme activities under different grant
- Commissioning, coordinating, supervision, editing and managing the undertaking of researches and documentation under the programme.
- Coordinate and implement programme activities.
- Developing policy briefs and other information communication materials.
- Internal and external reporting on problematic.
- Development of proposals, concept notes and work plans for funding and cultivating a good relationship with all partners.
- Representing the organization in international, regional, national, county and community platforms.
- Manage FIDA Kenya networks related to the program.
- Lobbying and advocating on different thematic issues on women’s rights.
- Monitoring the progress of programmatic initiatives and provide intervention and technical support for the achievement of desired objectives.
Qualifications and Attributes;
The ideal candidate should at least possess the following qualifications and attributes: –
- Bachelor of Laws or Social Sciences from a recognized University.
- Training in program management and planning will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years work experience in NGO sector.
- Knowledge and experience in program planning, designing, monitoring & evaluation.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in Women’s and PLWD rights issues.
- Must possess strong writing skills, proficiency in computers, organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who fully meet the above criteria should send their applications along with an updated Curriculum Vitae, including three referees one of whom must be a former Supervisor, also stating expected salary, and daytime contact, addressed to the undersigned to be received by 5.00 pm on 25th February 2019.
Send the email to:
The Executive Director,
Amboseli road, off Gitanga Road,
P.O. Box 46324-00100,
Only email applications will be considered.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
FIDA Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.