Exciting Career Opportunity in Software Development Financial Technology (Fintech) Sector
Our client is a Kenyan market leader in software development with a focus on payments and financial technology. Their development house is run by local professionals with a wide skill set which provides them with an unrivalled innovation platform that gives our customers and clients a vital edge in today’s highly competitive environments.
Their goal is that of being an IT solutions provider with a specific mission of providing comprehensive, best of breed solutions to both private enterprises and the public sector in Africa and beyond through the supply of payments systems, hardware and technology solutions.
The company aims to assist companies and organizations by developing cost effective customized applications to enable them streamline their daily operations in payments hardware, software, and services.
As part of their growth trajectory, they are looking to fill the following position to join their fast growing team.
Applications Development and Integration Lead (Developer)
Role overview: The Application Development and Integration role is responsible for building and implementing functional programs in collaboration with other technical members throughout the application development life cycle.
A desirable candidate needs to be an enthusiastic software developer who is passionate about delivering systems that transform lives and add value to businesses.
Duties and responsibilities
- Produce clean, efficient codes based on specifications;
- Integrate software components and third-party programs;
- Verify and deploy programs and systems;
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software;
- Gather and address technical and design requirements;
- Provide training and support to internal teams;
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use;
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting
- Support the entire application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release and support);
- Produce fully functional applications writing clean code;
- Write unit and UI tests to identify malfunctions;
- Troubleshoot and debug to optimize performance;
- Design interfaces to improve user experience;
- Liaise with Product development team to plan new features;
- Ensure new and legacy applications meet quality standards;
- Research and suggest new products, applications and protocols;
- Stay up-to-date with new technology trends;
- Build Proof-of-Concepts (POC’s), internal tools and production systems that strike the appropriate balance of time/cost/security/performance/scale/maintainability;
- Service the Support and QA teams as a Subject Matter Expert whenever required;
- Perform any other wed and software development roles as required.
Qualifications and Experience (Must Haves):
- BSc in Computer science or its equivalent from a recognised university;
- At least three (3) years’ of relevant experience in a busy organization;
- Good knowledge of Spring boot, and Angular frameworks;
- Good knowledge of software version control tools like GIT;
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON;
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies;
- Strong knowledge of one or more relevant database technologies e.g. Oracle, NoSQL, MongoDB, Hadoop, KDB/OneTick, MySQL;
- Demonstrable Agile experience (SAFe, Scrum, Kanban);
- Proficient on Linux platforms with knowledge of various scripting languages.
Skills and competencies (Nice to haves):
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Tech savvy and able to deploy technological tools for work;
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills;
- Being a flexible person with a keen eye on details;
- Good grasp and interest in the happenings in the technology sector;
- Excellent computer proficiency in MS Office Suite and other specialist software’s;
- Able to work in a multi-cultural and fast paced environment.
Attributes (Important to have)
- Creative person with a questioning personality;
- Alertness and tech savvy;
- A person of integrity.
How to apply (Next Steps)
Are you looking to make a memorable career move?
Do you meet the above criteria and are interested in making a impactful contribution to the technology sector.
If yes, submit your CV to us in confidence via email@example.com
Kindly indicate your current and expected salary in your application or CV.
Closing date for applications is Thursday 28th February 2019.
Esquire Consultants works with Equal Opportunity Employers hence minorities and disadvantaged groups are encouraged to apply.
We do not charge application submission fees to candidates and so do our clients.
Do not attach certificates and testimonials to your application.
Due to the high number of applicants expected, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.