Exciting Career Opportunity In Software Development Financial Technology (Fintech) Sector
Our client is a Kenyan market leader in software development with a focus on payments and financial technology. Their development house is run by local professionals with a wide skill set which provides them with an unrivalled innovation platform that gives our customers and clients a vital edge in today’s highly competitive environments.
Their goal is that of being an IT solutions provider with a specific mission of providing comprehensive, best of breed solutions to both private enterprises and the public sector in Africa and beyond through the supply of payments systems, hardware and technology solutions.
The company aims to assist companies and organizations by developing cost effective customized applications to enable them streamline their daily operations in payments hardware, software, and services.
As part of their growth trajectory, they are looking to fill the following position to join their fast growing team.
Senior Business Development Officer
Role Overview: The Senior BDO will lead all the companies’ business development efforts to ensure that the company meets and exceeds its sales projections by delivering on client’s expectations. They will be required to work closely with the technical team to ensure customer requirements and needs are translated in what the market needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, execute and monitor the business development strategy of the business in line with the overall company strategy;
- Oversee the sale of company products namely hardware products, systems and software;
- Prepare presentations and demonstrations for client pitches with the technical team;
- Manage business development and sales activities of partners to generate revenue;
- Coordinate with partners to create and execute business plans to meet sales goals;
- Analyze market trends and accordingly develop sales plans to increase brand awareness;
- Respond to requests for tenders, proposals and quotations as per the company standards and the client terms of reference;
- Evaluate partner sales performance and recommend improvements to their offering;
- Educate partners about product portfolio and complimentary services offered;
- Address partner related issues, sales conflicts and pricing issues in a timely manner;
- Manage sales pipeline, forecast monthly sales and identify new business opportunities;
- Develop positive working relationship with partners to build the business;
- Communicate up-to-date information about new products and enhancements to partners;
- Develop process improvements to optimize partner management activities;
- Work with partners to develop sales proposals, quotations, and pricing of various offerings;
- Ensure proper costing of projects taking into consideration time, cost and quality;
- Managing Customer Contract Agreements (SLA’s, ISA and Warranty and Post Warranty support);
- Manage key customer accounts and promote proactive customer relationships;
- Develop, maintain and nurture executive level relationships in identified corporates and institutions;
- Build trust and strengthen client relationships by keeping customers informed on the way emerging technologies can help their businesses;
- Oversee full and timely delivery of the proposed customer’s solution(s)
Qualifications and Experience (Must Haves)
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Business Information Technology, Software Development, Bachelor of Business Information Technology, Bachelor of Commerce (Marketing) or any other relevant degree from a recognised university;
- A post graduate qualification in business development/sales and marketing or related area;
- At least 3 years experience as a BDO in technical or IT driven environment;
- Ability to align the business to various changes to increase revenue and remain Profitable.
- Proficiency in MS office suite
Skills and Competencies (Nice to have)
- Good negotiation skills with Customers and Suppliers;
- Good problem solving and analytical abilities;
- Strong inclination to adaptability in a fast changing environment;
- Keen to learn new skills and apply them quickly and proactively;
- Good project management and coordinating skills;
- Strong understanding of dynamism in the ICT and payments Industry;
- Ability to work under pressure and in diverse conditions.
Attributes (important to have)
- Self driven and enthusiastic;
- Pleasant and friendly personality;
- A self starter able to think on their feet;
- Business acumen and an eye for opportunities;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Readiness to take challenges;
How to apply (Next Steps)
Are you looking to make a memorable career move?
Do you meet the above criteria and are interested in making a impactful contribution to the technology sector.
If yes, submit your CV to us in confidence via firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly indicate your current and expected salary in your application or CV.
Closing date for applications is Thursday 28th February 2019.
Esquire Consultants works with Equal Opportunity Employers hence minorities and disadvantaged groups are encouraged to apply.
We do not charge application submission fees to candidates and so do our clients.
Do not attach certificates and testimonials to your application.
Due to the high number of applicants expected, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.