Job Title: Production Manager – FMCG
Gross Salary: 140k – 200k
Our Client is a leading supplier and manufacturer of plastics and packaging solutions.
They seek to hire an experienced production manager to develop and monitor the production plans, and activities in respect of capital, material, utility, and human resources.
He/She will manage employee performance to ensure optimal productivity levels.
- Forecast, plan, implement and control production schedule for the job and review and adjust where necessary.
- Determine the human and material resources required and manage them to meet production targets.
- Monitor and review the performance of staff and organise necessary interventions for improvement
- Implement standard operating procedures for production operations and ensure they are adhered to
- Implement and enforce quality control and tracking programs to meet quality objectives.
- Work with the warehouse team to forecast and plan for present and future consumption of raw materials to ensure that materials are always available
- Balance quality, productivity, cost, safety and morale to achieve positive results in all areas.
- Liaise with the technical department on decisions about equipment use, maintenance, modification and organising the repair and routine maintenance of production equipment
- Monitor product standards at various levels of production and at the point of release so that the cost of rework is reduced
- Review production practices and equipment; make proposals for improvements to ensure that they are maximally effective
- Manage safety by addressing both physical and employee behavioral related safety issues to ensure minimum unsafe incidents at workplace and compliance with legislation
- Train and upskill the Production team to ensure highly skilled and trained staff in line with business needs.
- Develop and maintain production metrics for quality, delivery, and safety.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial, Process or Plastics Moulding Engineering.
- 10 years minimum experience as a Production Manager or Technical Manager in Plastic Manufacturing Industry with 3 years in a managerial capacity.
- Knowledge of ISO Systems, Kaizen, Quality Systems and standard health and safety
- Knowledge of good manufacturing practices and lean manufacturing policies and procedures
- Have knowledge of mechanical equipment and the ability to diagnose and correct equipment malfunction.
- Knowledge of plastics injection molding machine operations, basics of mold design and utilities
- Basic proficiency with computer applications and programs including email and Microsoft Office.
- High aptitude for problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Ability to motivate, constructively criticize and build high production teams through exemplary leadership.
- Excellent planning and organizational skill
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload with a focus on urgent and important.
- Excellent Analytical and record management skills
- Problem solving
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Production Manager – FMCG) to email@example.com before 15th February 2019.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted