Geothermal Development Company (GDC) is a 100% state owned company with a mandate to among others, fast track the development of Geothermal Resources.
The Company’s vision is to be world leader in the development of Geothermal Resources and a mission to develop green energy for Kenya from Geothermal Resources.
Manager, Corporate Planning & Strategy
Job Grade GD3
Job No. 7
Overall Purpose:- Reporting to the General Manager, Strategy, Research and Innovation: The will be responsible for formulation and developing the company’s annual plans, strategic plans and business proposals; identify and evaluate financial and economic viability of the existing and new business opportunities and projects.
- Overseeing the facilitation of economic studies as part of the geothermal design and tender documentation process;
- Providing technical and advisory support to stakeholders;
- Building capacity for economic analysis related to geothermal development and coordinating economic reviews of the geothermal projects;
- Provide marketing initiatives through creating marketing plans and executing on marketing and business development programs through collateral development and other marketing outreach programs;
- Establishing and maintaining linkages with Consultants and other Stakeholders on economic matters;
- Overseeing formulation of policies, strategies, procedures and systems for identifying alternative sources of revenue in the company;
- Reviewing potential business proposals, facilitating negotiations for contracts for alternative revenue sources and overseeing implementation of income generation activities;
- Coordinating the development and implementation of local and international resource mobilization strategies;
- Initiating the formulation and implementation of the Company’s policies, strategies, procedures and systems;
- Initiating technical audits for works and services, including preparation of reports on quality assurance findings and recommendations;
- Coordinating the preparation of risk assessment and classification system/criteria;
- Overseeing identification of priority areas for risk assessment and mitigation planning, including risk assessment process, compilation and consolidation of risk management periodic reports;
- Preparing and reviewing the Company’s Strategic Plans; and
- Overseeing the preparation of annual work programmes and budgets for geothermal planning and development
- Have not less than eleven (11) years relevant work experience two (2) years should be in a managerial role;
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: – Commerce, Economics, Business, Project Management, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Sciences or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Be a holder of Master Degree in any of the following disciplines; – Commerce, Economics, Business, Project Management, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Sciences or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Training in any of the following disciplines: Project Management, Balance Score Card or any other Planning & Strategy Tool, or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Be a Registered member of a relevant professional body and be in good standing
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Possess leadership/Management training from a recognized institution; and
- Good planning, organizing and coordinating skills
- Strong interpersonal, analytical verbal and written skills;
- Leadership skills;
- Strong communications and presentation skills
- Negotiation skills;
Terms of Service: The appointment will be for a contractual period of five (5) years renewable subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of set performance targets and outcomes. GDC offers competitive salary and benefits commensurate with the standards of excellence that it expects.
NB: Candidates interested in the above position are expected to fulfill the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya.
Specifically, they must obtain and submit with their application copies of the following (Mandatory):-
- Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board(HELB);
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC);
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation; (DCI)
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau.
Evidence of ongoing clearance is admissible subject to the satisfactory results (Presentation of the requisite documents from the relevant institution before the selection process)
Suitably qualified candidates should apply in confidence indicating the Job reference No. on both the application and envelope and send to the address below enclosing CVs with full details of education background, professional qualifications and attach copies of certificates, relevant testimonials and National Identity Card.
Applications may be deposited at our head Office, KAWI HOUSE, 4th Floor, Popo Road, South C, along Red Cross Road, in the Application Box, posted or emailed to:
The Managing Director & CEO,
Geothermal Development Company Limited,
P.O. Box 100746 – 00101,
All applications should be received not later than twenty one (21) days from the date of this advert.
“GDC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality.”
“Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted”.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.