Geothermal Development Company (GDC) is a 100% state owned company with a mandate to among others, fast track the development of Geothermal Resources.
The Company’s vision is to be world leader in the development of geothermal resources and a mission to develop green energy for Kenya from geothermal resources.
Manager, Human Resource Services
Job Grade GD3
Job No. 9
Overall Purpose:- Reporting to the General Manager, Human Resource and Administration: The jobholder will be responsible for management of labor relations; coordinating mainstreaming initiatives; designing and implementing staff motivation and retention programs; reward, compensation and welfare management.
The holder will also be responsible for development and review of HR Policies and Procedures in line with legislation and Government circulars and ensuring compliance
- Implementing HR strategies, policies and programs and retain talent to deliver the company’s strategic imperatives.
- Initiating the development/review of the HR Policies & Procedures and ensuring compliance;
- Designing and implementing staff motivation programs
- Managing and resolving of employee grievances, recommending appropriate action to resolve problems as well as assisting employees to find satisfactory solutions to personal and interpersonal problems through counseling;
- Managing staff discipline, staff medical scheme, staff pension scheme and staff loans scheme
- Coordinating and implementing of the company’s Industrial relations programs and addressing complaints and grievances affectioning unionisable employees,
- Managing the employee welfare programmes;
- Conducting regular benchmarking to ensure the companys compensation regime of competitive and managing employees compensation, rewards and benefits administration.
- Have not less than eleven (11) years relevant work experience two (2) years should be in a Managerial role;
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: – Human Resource Management, Public Administration, Sociology, social sciences or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Be a holder of a Master’s degree in a relevant field from a recognized institution;
- Be a holder of a Diploma or Post graduate qualification in Human Resource Management or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Be a Member in good standing of the IHRM/KIM or its equivalent with a valid practicing license from IHRM;
- Undertaken leadership/Management course.;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results; and
- Good planning, organizing and coordinating skills
- Strong interpersonal, analytical verbal and written skills;
- Leadership skills;
- Strong communications and presentation skills
- Negotiation skills;
Terms of Service: The appointment will be for a contractual period of five (5) years renewable subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of set performance targets and outcomes. GDC offers competitive salary and benefits commensurate with the standards of excellence that it expects.
NB: Candidates interested in the above position are expected to fulfill the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya. Specifically, they must obtain and submit with their application copies of the following (Mandatory):-
- Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board(HELB);
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC);
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation;
- Clearance from Credit reference bureau.
Evidence of ongoing clearance is admissible subject to the satisfactory results (Presentation of the requisite documents from the relevant institution before the selection process )
Suitably qualified candidates should apply in confidence indicating the Job reference No. on both the application and envelope and send to the address below enclosing CVs with full details of education background, professional qualifications and attach copies of certificates, relevant testimonials and National Identity Card.
Applications may be deposited at our head Office, KAWI HOUSE, 4th Floor, Popo Road, South C, along Red Cross Road, in the Application Box, posted or emailed to:
The Managing Director & CEO,
Geothermal Development Company Limited,
P.O. Box 100746 – 00101,
All applications should be received not later than twenty one (21) days from the date of this advert.
“GDC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality.”
“Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted”.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.