Geothermal Development Company (GDC) is a 100% state owned company with a mandate to among others, fast track the development of Geothermal Resources.
The Company’s vision is to be world leader in the development of Geothermal Resources and a mission to develop green energy for Kenya from Geothermal Resources.
Manager, Information Communication Technology
Job Grade GD3
Job No. 1
Overall Purpose:- Reporting to the General Manager, Corporate Services: The jobholder will be responsible for development and implementation of the Company’s ICT policy, strategy and procedures; adoption and implementation of ICT guidelines and standards.
The holder shall also be responsible for the management and delivery of Information Technology Services in the company.
- Formulating, recommending and implementing ICT policies, strategies and procedures for adoption by management
- Managing the ICT services of the Company;
- Designing and implementing information systems, infrastructure and projects
- Liaising with external agencies and relevant government unit to ensuring adoption and adherence to GoK ICT standards;
- Keeping abreast with IT development and recommending to the Company emerging ICT solutions and best practices to enhance service delivery;
- Establishing and implementing ICT data protection systems and ensuring that inherent risks are effectively managed and controlled;
- Coordinating the monitoring and evaluation of ICT projects, programs and policies;
- Planning and requisition of ICT equipment; and
- Developing and maintaining of Information Systems and databases and overseeing implementation of business continuity plans and disaster recovery plans for IT systems
- Have a minimum period of eleven (11) years relevant work experience two (2) years should be in Managerial role;
- Be a holder Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field from a recognized institution;
- Be a holder Master’s Degree in Computer Science or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Have a Relevant Professional certification in ICT; CCNP or MCIP/MCSE or CISM/CISA or PMP;
- Undertaken a Leadership /Management Course from a recognized institution;
- Demonstrated a high degree of professional competence and administrative capability as reflected in work performance and results; and
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Good planning, organizing and coordinating skills
- Strong interpersonal, analytical verbal and written skills;
- Leadership skills;
- Strong communications and presentation skills
- Negotiation skills;
- Knowledge of data processing, hardware platforms, and enterprise software applications;
Terms of Service: The appointment will be for a contractual period of five (5) years renewable subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of set performance targets and outcomes. GDC offers competitive salary and benefits commensurate with the standards of excellence that it expects.
NB: Candidates interested in the above position are expected to fulfill the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya.
Specifically, they must obtain and submit with their application copies of the following (Mandatory):-
- Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board(HELB);
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC);
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation;
- Clearance from Credit reference bureau.
Evidence of ongoing clearance is admissible subject to the satisfactory results (Presentation of the requisite documents from the relevant institution before the selection process )
Suitably qualified candidates should apply in confidence indicating the Job reference No. on both the application and envelope and send to the address below enclosing CVs with full details of education background, professional qualifications and attach copies of certificates, relevant testimonials and National Identity Card.
Applications may be deposited at our head Office, KAWI HOUSE, 4th Floor, Popo Road, South C, along Red Cross Road, in the Application Box, posted or emailed to:
The Managing Director & CEO,
Geothermal Development Company Limited,
P.O. Box 100746 – 00101,
All applications should be received not later than twenty one (21) days from the date of this advert.
“GDC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality.”
“Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted”.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.