An international organization is looking to fill the General Services & Procurement Assistant position.
The estimated duration of the services is 6 months and may be renewed for an additional period of three months subject to requirements of our client and budget.
- Assist in the development of Purchase Strategies for procurement of commodities, works and services;
- Prepare and assist in Planning, of activities for the procurement of works, goods and services ;
- Participate in assisting the Country Offices with the development of statement of work, terms of reference specifications, scope of work, proper descriptions and completeness of information and work with End User to ensure optimal time resource use on procurement;
- Prepare and compile bidding documents for thresholds designated, float tenders and ensure smooth bid process;
- Edit and vet bidding documents for thresholds within the Administration Team threshold, ensure adherence, compliance and application of the principles of procurement that is floatation of tenders to contract management;
- Ensure organization of bid opening committees, bid opening and bid evaluation in accordance with our client’s procurement rules;
- Compile bid evaluation report and ensure approvals as per the Delegation of Authority Matrix;
- Assist on issuance of Purchase Orders, contract, expediting of procurement and communication with the external customer for all procurement with contracts;
- Implement, monitor and Assist on implementation of procurement according to procurement plan, manage and conduct all aspects of tender evaluations, public bids, pre-and post-bid meetings;
- Determine appropriate procurement method, contract type and solicitation method for procurements before bid floatation;
- Analyze information, makes recommendations, and writes reports to support analytical work;
- Prepare, compile, work on, present and defend procurements above required threshold to committees such as Purchasing Committee representations for institutional procurement in the Regional Resource Centers;
- Share knowledge with Administration Assistants and other administrative staff, offer capacity building and outreach programs to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and prepare bids for procurement activities, convert them into contracts affiliated Country offices;
- Service Level Agreements Management for contracts for all eight Country Offices;
- Collate statistical, other information and conduct research to support recommended actions, to determine industry standards and price discounts, to locate commodities and services;
- Prepare, administer and manage contracts for goods, services and works for the Country Offices, including maintenance agreements and all other service agreements;
- Ensure good relationships or partnerships between our client and selected vendors, in order to maintain and safeguard capacity, quality, cost and continuity of relationship in the long-term;
- Fully involve in both strategic planning and day-to-day operations, particularly in relation to facilities management, Builders Management Systems (buildings and premises);
Qualifications (Read carefully before applying)
- The successful candidate shall have Procurement professional qualifications from a recognized Institution locally or abroad, a Master’s Degree in any field plus a minimum of five years’ experience OR Procurement professional qualifications from a recognized Institution locally or abroad, first degree in any field and a minimum of seven years’ experience;
- In both cases, the candidate shall have proven procurement and contracts management practical experience. Knowledge in facilities Management, logistics and Inventory management for a minimum of one year is required.
How to Apply