The Global Development Incubator (GDI) Africa Board is recruiting for a Chief Executive Officer.
He/She will lead and direct all GDI Africa operations in the region.
GDI Africa mission is to incubate new multi-stakeholder initiatives and growth stage organizations across several portfolios. GDI Africa main objective is to advance and scale transformative perspectives in social impact by taking a growth engineering approach to the creation and expansion of select ideas, organizations, and initiatives that address urgent global problems.
The CEO should have the capacity and expertise to support the implementation of a strategic plan and then transition to a clear and responsible operational handoff, ensuring that the right engines for growth are built for continued transformative social impact.
GDI Africa is looking for candidates with a mix of leadership, entrepreneurial, strategic, and operational experience; in particular with respect to implementing innovative financial structures, complex partnerships, managing donor relationships, grant management and fundraising.
- At least 20-25 years of professional experience in leadership in Multinational social impact organizations.
- Visionary leader with demonstrated experience in business incubation from idea stage to growth
- Experience in structuring complex financial products
- Extensive experience in fundraising and closing grant relationships
- Extensive experience in management consulting, business modelling, business planning, financial modelling and banking
- Experience in growing organizations
- Demonstrated hands on experience in hiring and management of large cross border teams 10+
- Master’s Degree in international development economics, finance, or business.
- Experience working in global environment multiple countries
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter explaining why they are qualified for this role and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate “Job Applicant: GDI Africa CEO” in the email subject line.
The deadline for submitting applications is February 11, 2019.