Oxygen 8 East Africa Limited
Position: Head of Marketing
Reporting To: CEO Betyetu
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Deadline to Apply: February 28, 2019
Start Date: March 2019
Eligibility: Position open to Kenyan Nationality
About Oxygen 8: Oxygen8 East Africa Limited is a subsidiary of Oxygen 8 Group, which was established in the year 2000.
The Oxygen8 Group has a turnover of £90 million p.a. and has three divisions, namely:
- Corporate Solutions: enable a Corporate’s interaction with its customers via mobile phones using SMS, Voice and Online services
- Payment Solutions: enable mobile payment solutions, covering delivery, billing, applications and content
- Carrier Solutions: enable carriers to interact intelligently with consumers and provide high performance analytics
Position Description: Reporting to the CEO the Head of Marketing will be crucial in developing a group wide marketing hub and centre of operational excellence, while managing each regional marketing team across Betyetu Group’s many jurisdictions.
The role will be both strategic and hands-on, as you develop the Group and regional marketing strategy and implement core KPI’s; while also optimising current performance across CRM/Retention, digital & affiliate channels, and leveraging existing relationships within the media sector both in Kenya and across other regions.
You will initially manage a marketing function of 6 regional marketing resources and a centralised Affiliate Manager with scope to grow group team once core systems, strategy and processes and reporting are in place.
You will need to coordinate across teams & disciplines, to create a holistic strategy that delivers against our business goals. You will be a pivotal part of driving customer centricity across the organization and play a key role in building our brand working closely with other members of the senior team such as our Finance, Customer Services, Product Management and Operations team.
- Developing the Betyetu marketing strategy and KPI’s, empowering a multidisciplinary team to deliver it – having ultimate responsibility for the sports betting marketing strategy and its implementation
- Full management of the marketing P&L, working closely with our C level team
- Work with business stakeholders to implement strategic plans for key customer segments, with focus on increasing player ARPU & Retention.
- Manage and develop a team of regional marketers, including social media and marketing campaign managers, while implementing plans to grow the Group team to include Digital, Content, Acquisition & CRM
- Work with the product & trading teams, ensuring product development reflects needs of existing and future customers, and trading pricing and promotions align with customer expectations
- Constantly monitor the competitive landscape and market conditions to identify opportunities, issues, and risks
- Deliver monthly reporting and presentations to the Executive Board
- 3+ years’ Senior Marketing Management experience within the Online B2C or betting industry.
- 5+ years marketing management experience in FMCG and/or ecommerce and/or Digital agency sector
- Performance management experience running multi-channel marketing campaigns, with particular emphasis on digital channels
- Proven experience leading a high performance marketing team with strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Experience working with marketing automation tools
- Experience having worked on customer loyalty and retention programmes, preferably having focused on deep customer segmentation.
- Highly data literate and strong excel reporting skills – can work in partnership with product, analytics and finance teams to identify customer needs and create plans to deliver against this
- Ideally will have international or multi-jurisdictional campaign management experience
- Degree educated in Marketing or similar
- Limited but occasional travel required
Interested candidates should apply by emailing their CV and Cover Letter explaining their interest in the position and what they could bring to it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please specify the job title in the email subject.
Only complete applications will be considered.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Please indicate your salary expectation for the advertised position and list of current benefits you currently receive.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Head of Marketing . The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that Oxygen8 East Africa Ltd will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with Oxygen8 East Africa Ltd prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization.