Our Client in the Manufacturing sector is looking for an experienced and responsible Safety Officer to join their team as a safety coordinator.
As a Safety Officer, you will be responsible for facilitating compliance with occupational health and safety (OSH) Act 2007 and related company policies.
Your main goal will be to always ensure employee health & safe and conducive working environment and in conjunction with stakeholders; pro-actively prevent any injuries and accidents.
Job Profile: The Health Safety Officer is responsible for planning, implementing and overseeing company’s employee work place safety in different locations. The main duty is to ensure that the company is in compliance and adheres to Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) guidelines to reduce work-related injuries.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist the Safety and Security Manager day-to-day management of Safety & Environmental function in the company.
- Implement health, safety and environmental strategy, policy and objectives in line with company’s corporate goals and the statutory requirements;
- Plan and implement awareness and training programmes for health safety & environmental e.g. fire drills, first aid, safety driving and management for committees, staff and stakeholders
- Coordinate Health & Safety Committees facility activities in conjunction with committee officials
- Prepare and submit periodical safety performance management reports as guided
- Prepare educational seminars and webinars on a regular basis
- Periodically participate in review of policies, procedures and guideline to ensure alignment with Enterprise Risk Management on Safety & Environmental management
- Coordinate health & safety induction of new employees (in conjunction with HRD) and brief/awareness for contractors as necessary.
- Conduct periodical work place health & safety inspection on facilities to ascertain compliance
- Conduct health and safety risk assessment
Job requirements and qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Safety Officer or similar role
- Excellent knowledge of legislations and procedures.
- Good knowledge and experience in QMS systems.
- Excellent knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
- 3 years of experience in producing management quality reports
- Experience with writing policies and procedures for health and safety
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Proficient in MS Office
- Working knowledge of safety management information system
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- BSc/BA in safety management or similar field
- Certificate in occupational health and safety is an added advantage
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time telephone number to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with Health & Safety Officer on the Subject line.
Candidates should indicate their Current & Expected salaries