The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance.
It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC’s Regional Delegation in Nairobi co-ordinates the institution’s humanitarian activities in Kenya, Tanzania and Djibouti.
ICRC Regional Delegation in Nairobi is recruiting an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of:
Overall Responsibility: The incumbent is a team leader who ensures the cleanliness of ICRC premises by providing housekeeping services and supervising a team of housekeeper’s.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Coordinates and manages the housekeeping staff assigned to ICRC residences and provides them with basic training;
- Prepare and monitor the schedule of the housekeeping staff;
- Participate to the appraisal of the housekeepers;
- Prepare the yearly leave schedule and all the related documents;
- Ensures that staff under responsibility are able to carry out their duties in safe and proper conditions and with sufficient and adequate material;
- Allocate the housekeepers to various residences;
- Supervise the housekeeping services and ensure that the tasks are done properly;
- Write and implement the standard operating procedures;
- Implement and update the checklist of task to be filled by the housekeeper in very residence;
- Handle complains and requests linked to housekeeping;
- Prepare requisition orders for residences on request.
Minimum Requirements and Competencies
- Diploma in Hospitality Management;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar position, preferably in hotel housekeeping management;
- Proven knowledge of the usage of cleaning material and cleaning techniques;
- MUST be fluent in written and spoken English;
- MUST be Computer Proficient.
The interested candidates should submit their applications on or before the 22nd February 2019 at 4:30 pm with the CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas etc) and current and expected remuneration to ICRC Nairobi Delegation, HR Department via: E-mail: email@example.com
The reference Housekeeper Supervisor must be stated in the application to be valid.
If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required diploma & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.
NB: ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.