Ipsos is a world-leading research company operating in more than 85 countries. It has revenues in excess of £1Bn and employs over 16,000 staff worldwide. Ipsos provides research services and strategic insights to the world’s largest corporations and many public sector organisations.
At Ipsos we are passionately curious about people, markets, brands and society. We make our changing world easier and faster to navigate and inspire clients to make smarter decisions.
We deliver with security, simplicity, speed and substance. We are Game Changers.
Senior Research Executive, Qualitative Research – Ipsos in Kenya
Job Purpose: Manages and oversees projects, ensuring that the standards are of a high quality, that deadlines are met and that projects are completed within budget. The Senior Research Executive is responsible for day to day client liaison in terms of queries and feedback.
Input into proposals and research design is a key role, as well as skills transfer, project management and the supervision of Research Executives and Research Assistants. The position holder reports to Research Manager.
- Client liaison in terms of communication
- Project design
- Project briefing – brief REs, RAs Qualitative Logistics Assistant (QRA) and either brief or be present during field team briefs
- Report writing and analysis and Presentation
- Quality control – review and ensure high quality standards of work are maintained in project
- Timeliness: Ensuring project deadlines are met and all deliverables are met
- Ensure profitability through projects budgetary and expenditure controls.
- Ensuring that the Research Executives and Research Assistants complete all steps in the research process on time and to the expected quality standards.
- Skills transfer and supervision of Research Executives and Research Assistants.
- Input into, and final checking of: Discussion guides, report templates, focus group/IDI topic guides and presentations.
- Day to day client liaison in terms of queries and project status.
- Ensure that the researchers keep all teams updated on project feedback through traffic control/Progress meetings.
- Insure proper documentation of all necessary project materials
Supervisory and Administration
- Ensuring work flow amongst project teams that is REs and RAs, QRA
- Take active role in creating and implementing systems that can improve the running of the qualitative department.
- Update the Qualitative research manager on a regular basis on project progress
- Capacity building: Regular training and mentoring of REs and RAs on key areas
- Communication and follow up
- Identifying new opportunities for repeat research
- Update clients and maintain contact
- Take briefs
- Relationship building
Transcript and Report Analysis
- Set up and manage all logistics for qualitative research
- Design all qualitative instruments/projective techniques and stimulus materials
- Ensure appropriate audio/video recordings are carried out
- Design analysis templates/grids
- Ensure all interpretation is in accordance with findings
- First Degree (Bachelors degree) with upper second class honours and a minimum of 5 years of relevant continuous research experience at executive level
Knowledge & Skills
- Fluent written and spoken English and strong communication and influencing skills with proven ability to effectively communicate insights to all levels of the business in a practical, user friendly and meaningful way
- Qualitative research analysis
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong research relationships and networks
- Sound knowledge of interpreting and analyzing information
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Able to work within a multi-cultural environment
- Understanding of systems and processes
- Ability to work and deliver under pressure
- Good report writing skills
- Good management and supervisory skills
- Interpersonal skills, good people skills and organizational skills
- Time, costing and project management skills
- Self-driven, results orientated, shows exceptional initiative and is focused on quality and profit
- Mature, credible and comfortable in dealing with clients
How to Apply
If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, please submit your application and CV detailing your experience for the post and include daytime telephone contacts to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application will not be considered if covering letter is not attached.
Include “Senior Research Executive, Qualitative Research – Ipsos in Kenya” in the cover letter and email subject header.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for applications: Wednesday, 20th February 2019