Our client, Kenya Bureau of Standards (KEBS) is a statutory organization of the Government of Kenya established by the Standards Act, Cap 496 of the laws of Kenya in July 1974.
The mandate of KEBS is to provide Standardization, Metrology and Conformity Assessment services through promotion of standardization in commerce and industry, provision of testing and calibration facilities, control of the use of standardization marks, undertaking educational work in standardization, facilitation of the implementation and practical application of standards and maintenance and dissemination of the International System of Units (SI) of measurements.
In order to enhance institutional capacity to deliver strategy, KEBS is seeking to recruit exceptional leaders with high degree of integrity and innovation and ability to drive results to fill the following position:
Director, Standards Development
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the successful candidate will provide strategic leadership and manage standards development, education in standardization and system certification activities.
- Provide leadership in Standards Development related matters by ensuring national standards are developed in accordance to the laid down international standardization principles of inclusivity and consensus building and that timelines and budgets are adhered to;
- Ensure that participation at international and regional forums is maintained and that country positions on matters standardization where Kenya has interest are developed and presented within set timelines while observing the principles of standardization;
- Provide leadership standardization training based on Kenya and international standards in order to entrench a culture of quality in the Kenyan society; and
- Facilitate system certification activities based on management systems standards as well as personnel certification.
- Be a holder of a Bachelors and a Masters degree in any of the following fields; Engineering, Sciences, Technology, Commerce, Social Sciences, Education, Law, or any other related field from a recognized University;
- Have not less than twelve (12) years of relevant work experience of which eight (8) years’ should have been spent in a senior managerial position; and
- Possess a Strategic Leadership Development Certification or equivalent from a recognised institution.
Chapter Six Requirements
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 including:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations:
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
How to Apply
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for any of the roles above, please submit your application including copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and your curriculum vitae, including among other details your current position, current remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience.
CLICK HERE to log onto our e-recruitment platform for full details about this position and information on how to apply.
Email or hard copy applications will not be accepted.
Only those applications submitted through the e-recruitment portal will be considered.
To be considered, your application must be received by not later than 15th February 2019 addressed to:
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
KEBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and committed to diversity and gender equality.
Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Please also note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.