KGGA is one of the largest youth Associations in Kenya.
KGGA operates through a value based program and has a national membership of girls and young women representing every race, ethnicity, culture, class and religion in Kenya.
We are looking to fill the position of Finance Manager who will be reporting to the Executive Officer.
Job Objectives: To ensure best practice in financial management of the Organization in order to maximize efficiency and growth.The job holder will develop new business, maximize return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems in order to meet legislative and reporting requirements and support KGGA operations.
He/she will oversee the day to day activities of the finance team and ensure the Organisations finance function is organised and efficient and produces accurate information.
- Assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organization’s mission and help execute growth plans.
- Developing financial strategy, including opportunity forecasting and risk minimisation plans.
- Develop new business, specifically: identifying revenue generation opportunities, developing business cases, pitches and proposals and generate new partner leads.
- Manage all finance and accounting and oversee the finance team.
- Lead the development of the organisational budget; develop budgets for project proposals, monitor actual financial results; direct the preparation of all financial reports and reports to partners and government regulatory agencies.
- Create monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts.
- Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports.
- Improving efficiencies and reducing costs across the business.
- Prepare Reports for Finance Committee and Executive Committee meetings and support the Committees initiatives. Implement the decisions of the Committees and review compliance with Financial Policies and Executive Committee directives related to financial, legal, insurance, property and other matters.
- Act as a resource to senior management on matters relating to finance and insurance.
- Ensuring compliance with statutory law and financial regulations,
- Monitor financial policies and procedures to ensure the best and most efficient use of the organization’s resources; ensure internal controls are in place at sub-county, county, and national levels to enhance security, minimize opportunity for fraud and protect the financial integrity of records.
- Prepare draft accounts and the final financial statements and manage the annual audit process. Act as the first point of contact for the auditors, and lead on any recommendations that are suggested in the audit report or management letter.
- Work towards the achievement of Organisations ten-year strategy and annual business plans.
- Manage and mentor department staff, provide direction, feedback on performance and coaching for skill development.
- Undertake other duties as your line manager should require in keeping with the responsibility of the post.
- Fully Qualified Accountant (CPA(K), ACCA)
- Bachelors Degree in Finance or a related field. Masters degree is desirable.
- At least 5 years accounting and administrative experience in a similar position.
- Excellent eye for detail, sound knowledge of international accounting standards, well organized and exercises sound judgment in decision making.
- Strong leadership & managerial skills. Strong sense of judgment;
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written
- A self motivated individual with proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent software expertise in Quickbooks, Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to interacting will all levels of professional staff tactfully and effectively;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced commercial environment with serial deadlines.
The position is based in an office setting; however, some travel may be necessary.
Please submit a cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position together with a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th March 2019.
Indicate Finance Manager in the Subject Line.
Late applications or hard copies will not be considered.
Please note: At no point in the entire recruitment process shall the candidate have to pay any money as a condition of engagement.
Only shortlisted candidates will have their applications acknowledged.
KGGA is an “equal opportunity organization” that is committed to hiring highly qualified individuals regardless of gender, religion, race, creed or marital status.