M-Shule Seeks an Operations Lead!
M-Shule is an adaptive, mobile learning platform in Africa that brings personalized educational tools to primary school students through SMS. M-Shule’s platform uses artificial intelligence to deliver personalized SMS learning support in Math and English, building students’ concept mastery, exam performance, and confidence. Then M-Shule shares data and insights with their parents and schools to power better instruction and collaboration.
M-Shule seeks an Operations Lead to build and support the growth of M-Shule’s operations and the strength of our team.
We are looking for candidates that are:
- Passionate about creating and implementing processes and structures for a fast-moving education startup.
- Innovative problem solvers. Proactive in reviewing operational and team processes, identifying areas of improvements, and coming up with plans to solve them.
- Willing to get your hands dirty, being incredibly detail-oriented with a habit of double- and triple-checking your work.
- Excellent at time management and communication skills. Able to work independently and across the team to deliver quality work on time, every time.
- 5+ years experience in coordinating and/or leading various operations roles for a small and growing team, including office administration, human resources, finance, teambuilding, and more.
- Building a growth and strategic mindset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (especially Excel), Google Drive, accounting and reporting softwares, Airtable (or a very fast learner).
Located in Nairobi.
Preferred: Have their own laptop or computer.
Preferred: Previous startup experience.
- HUMAN RESOURCES & TEAM DEVELOPMENT: Oversee and support human resources and team development programs including company policies, compliance, staffing, performance reviews and teambuilding.
- ADMINISTRATION: Oversee daily office administration and logistics.
- FINANCE & ACCOUNTING: Manage basic finance and accounting, including petty cash management, payroll oversight, vendor management, and expense control.
- BUSINESS OPERATIONS: Support and contribute to company operational success strategy and execution, including programs such as employee productivity, operations development roadmap, and new project support.
Duration: This is a contract role, with the potential to develop into a full-time position. Duration and scope of the contract will be determined based on experience and performance.
Location: Contract will be full-time and based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Compensation: Based on experience. We are an early-stage startup with many opportunities for growth.
How to Apply:
Application deadline is 28th February 2019 by 5pm EAT. (Applications may be closed sooner based on volume, so don’t wait!)
Please apply by filling out the Application Form. We will ask you a few questions as well as request your CV and cover letter.
Please do not email us about this position. Any applications received via any other channel(s) will be disqualified.
This position is open to applicants with the legal right to work in Kenya only.
Applicants not based in Nairobi are welcome to apply; unfortunately M-Shule does not cover relocation costs.